Asians why do you stand so close to people in lines?

Seriously, why? Every time I'm in line at the god damn McDonalds or grocery store (or anywhere with a line) you guys are always a nose length away from me breathing down my neck. Is it just because of how over-populated Asian countries are or summat? In all fairness it's probably a bigger deal to me than the average person since, at least where I come from, people getting that close means they're either going to stab and rob you or fight you, so I always get proper uncomfortable and ready to smack someone.

Asians on here, are you guilty of doing this? If not, do you notice other Asians around you that are guilty of doing this? I'd like a little insight so I don't just rule it as an "Eyes half closed so no depth perception" thing.

I'm kidding about the eyes, please don't karate chop me in half.

Most Helpful Girl

• *jabs a chopstick in your eyeball*

I'm not like that, I like to have my personal space, unless I allow someone to come close to me like that. In the meantime, i'll go all Bruce Lee on that persons' ass if they invade my personal space.

• I'll hold their arms so we can both get our frustrations out on them.

• Yeah I think they wouldn't just know any better. Some countries literally gather a lot of people and bunch them up on the trains. So I don't know if being close to someone like that is considered normal for them, or what they think they are suppose to be doing. Aren't a few Asian countries heavily populated? So maybe doing that is normal for them.

It's all good, i'm not offended at all.

• Thank you for MH

What Girls Said 7

• I'm not Asian but just saying I laughed my ass of at this post. haha. I noticed it as well with Asians in lines but it doesn't bug me :)

• Here in LA whenever I go to buy a bag of chips or a drink from the local liquor store the Korean owners always follow me around and act sneaky, just in case I don't steal anything. Now I admit I'm no angel, but they do this to everyone, it's annoying. But yeah they do invade space in line, I've seen what you're talking about especially in mcdonalds.

• Lol for starters I do not have half closed eyes

And I think I know what you mean. I won't say its everyone but there a few people who tend to stand right behind you when you're standing in the queue to pay for the items. Its weird I guess :(
    I'm not one of those people lol. I always tend to put my shopping cart between me and the other people.

• i dont have half closed eyes... and i dont stand close to people.. i stand as far away as i can.. who wants to smell other's sweat... but if i see you in the line.. i m going to stand sooo close and annoy the shit out of you... :P

• Nah, you're cute; I'll just smile at you and spark up conversation.. to annoy you ;).

• I'll buy it on our date, I'd just need your number first.

-end scene- and that's how I'd handle your little stand too close game, missy.

• good ending..

• It's cuz they're waiting for the chance to steal your spot in line. I've elbowed a couple of people before for standing way too close.

• I've noticed that too, I freaked out when I was in China or Korea. I think since everywhere is crowded, people have smaller personal space. I do not think they do it on purpose.

• I wouldn't be so annoyed if I weren't from an area where people getting that close means they're trying to shiest you. I feel bad because, whenever it happens, I clench my fist and get ready to swing, and I'd rather not be extremely aggressive towards someone who is just waiting in line to get food.

• Lol you shouldn't generalize a whole race based on a couple of people. Literally no Asians I know (And I know a lot cause I am Asian) does that.

• "Asians on here, are you guilty of doing this? If not, do you notice other Asians around you that are guilty of doing this?"

I wasn't generalizing; I said I've noticed that Asians are more guilty of doing it than any other ethnic group, and asked if people here did it or noticed it, too.

What Guys Said 6

• I like smelling people. Where's the crime in that? xD

• Do you actually stand close behind people, though? Realistically I only notice the more FOB Asians doing it as opposed to ones born here.

• That's so racists, everyone packed close because that how a line suppose to be, everyone wants to get wants the line started for closer and faster

• Black people don't do it, white people don't do it, latin and mexican people don't do it, natives don't do it, arabs don't do it.

I've only seen Asians do it, and it confused me so I asked a question. If you consider me asking why a specific ethnic group is more guilty of doing something than any other ethnic group is being "racist", then so be it, but you're dumb.

• you hold a small piece to a larger puzzle

• Reported for racist antagonism.

• Noticing a trend that everyone else notices =/= racism or antagonism.

You can be sensitive, though.

• Because Asians are different, like to stay together, help each other. They like to be close to each other. That's their nature.

• I'm assuming you're referring to northern or Western Asians. I personally do not do this.
    If you are uncomfortable with the proximity of you and an Asian, stop being a bitch and tell them to back the fuk up!

• Yeah wtf the entire continent of asia. Give whitey some rome already. Well I dont mind if hot Asian chicks be all up in my space

• Though you're right that I'm white, I find it interesting that you automatically assumed I was white.

Sorry that when Asians immigrate to a country and bring their customs I pick up on them. My mistake; I should assume that people from different countries don't act differently and have different mannerisms than my home country.

• You misunderstand I agree with you completly

• NO! Rome is ours!