Y do people assume I speak Spanish?

Why do people assume i speake spanish? I mean i do speak Spanish lol but i dont really like to. when im out people come up to me and start speaking Spanish to me or when i go to the store or restaurants they try telling me everything in Spanish not knowing if i understand or not they just assume i do lol is it the way i look?

Y do people assume i speak Spanish?

Most Helpful Guy

• You look Mexican so it figures.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tienes el nopal en la frente!! So yeahhh duhhh!! The way you look!!
    " i mean i do, but i really dont want to" for get youu!!!

What Guys Said 8

• Because you look extremely Mexican

• I'd guess you're latina based on your dark wavy hair, drawn eyebrows and large cheeks. Also by the way you smile with your mouth closed. I have friends who are Asian, and they always get people asking them for directions in Mandarin or Korean.

• But i have eyebrows lol and its not uncommon for girls to fill them in (not drawn on) and i always smile with my mouth open but decided to close it in this picture lol

• It appears that you know Spanish... it's a stereotype, I know, but it's not an insult... love the pic, too. You're gorgeous

• Well... do you?

• People do that to me too. They always assuming im mexican...

• Just answer back in English.

• cuz you're latino obviously.

• What if im not? I see a lot of people who look white but are more Mexican than me

• what do you mean "what if I'm not"? obviously you are. and helica is a Spanish name too.

• Well, why not?

What Girls Said 1

• Are you latina? you look it! I can see why people would assume you speak Spanish

My best friend is 100% puerto Rican but looks white and does not speak much Spanish.

• I am lol but i wasn't taught Spanish like u wld assume lol i know very little