My family thinks I'm a loser.. how to face them today on thanksgiving?

I failed @ my first career and my girlfriend left my ass. I'm 22 years old living with my parents still. I JUST started college over the summer. Most of my family went to ivy league schools and make a very good living. I can tell they all kind of look down on me like a failure. Tips on how to present myself to my family today?

Despite all this chit and I personally think I'm doing just fine lol. They just had high expectations for me.

Should I tell them I now have 6 GaG followers?

Most Helpful Girl

• Failure is not uncommon in young people. If your family cannot understand this, then I think they need to look at themselves and their own life experiences deeper.

Go to dinner and act as normal as you would at any other dinner. If you look uncomfortable, they will notice and look at you weirdly, wondering what's wrong. And you might interpret that as a sign of disapproval of your choices in life.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yell "I am OP and I am fgit" in middle of dinner, it'd help. Believe me

• I was thinking I could tell them I'm green on the misc.

• LOL tell them "I'm green and misc confirmed superior alpha facial aesthetics"

• @ConsultantIsBack I did that bro and it went extremely well. Then I pitched them a business idea.. step brothers style.

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly they already lived their lives and they should let you live yours. If you actually plan to sit and eat with them then prepare yourself to answer their awkward questions. It doesn't matter how long it takes to finish school as long a you finish.

• Just put on headphone and let the madness begin!

• lol I understand my family doesn't like me very much either just don't take it seriously and you'll be fine it's your life not theirs

• Yeah.. but you are18 so it's cool. I should be done with college by now and making $$ already lol.

• well I'm not even planning to go to college so

What Guys Said 5

• Ignore their expectations.

You owe them nothing and by trying to live up to their expectations and ignoring your own expectations you are doing yourself a grave disservice.

So you've experienced a bout of failure and a woman left you. Use these failures or losses as the determination you need to succeed at college.

How do you present yourself to your family? I would be myself and if they have a problem with you being you? fuck them.

• My advice? Don't go. Make a promise to not go to any reunions till you are a success IN YOUR OWN EYES. I'd say that you better move out of your parents house and cut ties with family temporarily till you have made it big.

• Just keep your head held high. You're starting over. Just because you failed at your first career doesn't mean you will fail at the next. Are you sure you didn't just fail your first job, and not your first career?

• Wear a suit.

• Not everyone has the same luck!
    Try your hardest no one can lay blame on you then.