Is it just me or do we indians have a smaller body structure in comparison to our european counterparts (not americans though)?

I am in a city which is near a colony full of europeans and while I am still in the taller category among them, they do have bigger features like bigger heads, wrists etc which define the build. Among indians, my build is well above average and maybe on the bigger side too but compared to them, i think i am average to small, not that it affects anything too much, i am still stronger than most of them but i am talking about the natural build, even the women there have wide shoulders. However, for some reason, this doesn't seem to be the case among the americans and Canadians i have seen.

Most Helpful Girl

• Europeans are on average much taller than Indians. about 15 cm if you look at countries located further North. So things on the body will be sized relatively-speaking. If you're quite a bit taller but your head and wrists are the same size as people shorter than you, that would look quite silly!

• i am 180 cm tall which is about average in most european countries and why would it look silly, most hollywood actors have smaller heads and wrists, the overall body structure has nothing to do with height, its weird though, if u have huge wrists, shoulders and all and then a small head, though that never happens

• you're overanalyzing this way too much. Every race is different after having evolved to different environmental conditions, leave it at that.

• i am not at all bothered by the way or insecure lol, i am actually very happy with my build, physical features etc. I am just really bored in the vacation XD

Most Helpful Guy

• Well Europeans are huge.

• scandinavians and germans indeed are

• even hispanics, italians and french are not so much actually, they are pretty normal, its mainly scandinavians, germans, brits and dutch from what i have noticed

• Don't forget the Irish and Brits too. They're not as big as the Scandinavians and Germans.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 2

• I think that you might be mainly referring to the more Norse (Northern) types of Europeans? They are more blond and have larger frame, muscle and body mass due to cold climate adaptation and muscular bodies for surviving mountain living. The people of India and other Asians are indeed smaller in structure from what I can see. It's evolution and not imagination:)

• Most likely due to evolution.

What Guys Said 1

• Umm I don't think so.. Well, Indians come in every colour, size, shape and structure 😀

• dude, i am a delhite and a punjabi and we are the biggest people in comparison to others in india, but scandinavians, germans and dutch, they are HUGE