Do you think Vampires will ever be cool again?

Vampires used to be friggin evil and yes cool too. These were the ones who masqueraded as normal citizens of society and then later reveal themselves to be ruthless blood sucking horrors!

But then Twilight happened and gave us emo angst ridden teenage vampires. Glowing in the sun instead of bursting into flames or having their faces melt off.

Do you think Vampires can become cool again? What you think?

• Vampire can be cool again!
  • Vampires have always been cool and still are
  • Vampires can't recover its coolness from Twilight
  • Vampires were never cool
  • I actually think Twilight made vampires cooler! O. o
  • *tossses holy hand grenade at this question* staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/.../...1281772213.jpg
@fondue @electromagnetic @Saudigirl @Joc4Position @Curmudgeon @Riseagainst29 @Humping_Tornadoes @MyUsernameRules @artist10 @Waffles731 @Facepalm

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 25

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHY MUST YOU POST A PICTURE OF TWILIGHT? I'm deeply sad atm and they ruined vampires.

Vampires are always cool. Though the level of coolness could be brought up again. If they made a movie or something about vampires. Though this time make it less stupid.

Though I do like how they make the vampires. In vampire diaries look. Though the story line is pretty lame.
    images4.fanpop.com/.../...6_1295081886101_full.jpg

• I didn't know they were out 🙄

• It can't recover from twilight lol

• Hmmmm you must be an evil vampire then! i know your trickery!

• Lure men onto your bike and then... bam! bloodsucking ride of doom! :P

• I'll kill them if they touch my motorbike O. O NO ONE GETS ON IT! except me 😌

• Vampires were never cool. Lycanthropes, however...

• Vampires are way cooler. I like Lycans, but come on.

• @Joc4Position dude, what is a "youthful smell" anyways? Lmfao. I guess if they brush often and floss regularly they might be able to get rid of the stale blood smell? The ability to charm isn't that cool.
      Though I think I remember reading a book somewhere that attributed vampirism to a kind of parasitic infection or viral infection, where the parasite causes them to have an adverse physiological reaction to uv light and causes them to be so anemic or something that the only way to keep up the iron and nutrient level is to drink blood or something. I thought that was a pretty cool alternative to traditional magical corpse vampire.

• Hmmm... I don't know, but I mean maybe some don't smell like decaying flesh. I mean given my own personal beliefs I believe blood is the soul and that's what gives the body life anyway. So while vampires are dead they kind of are alive too.

The ability to charm is awesome when used right. Not in the Twilight sense though.

Yeah sometimes it is used in a parasitic like manner. Wasn't the reapers in Blade like that?

• If the re-introduce Blade into the Marvel universe, that would be cool! I like Blade.

But yes, I think vampires can be cool again... at some point. Nosferatu was very creepy. I'd like it if they went back to more creepy/horrific vamps than sparkling ones.

• Vampires were always cool and always will be. There's so much out there that even crappy Twilight couldn't make vampires uncool.

:)

• Not the Twilight version ;) but all the blood suckers are awesome and will never not be cool

• *thinks about turning you so you'll be my underling forever* >;)

• i think they're stupid af. never been a fan.

• I don't think they ever really got made uncool.

• not a fan of vampires tbh

• I have never been too into vampires honestly.

• Twilight fan here. I prefer my vampires to sparkle and have awesome hair, thank you very much.

• nana I prefer twilight :P

• There's no hope for recovery.

• I sure hope so. I want a really gory, bloody and straight off scary vampire movie too happen.

• There are, have you seen Penny Dreadful? The vampires there are such badass and scary af! Check it out (really good short tv show)

• They've always been and still are! 👹

• Yeah they can. If someone comes up with a good story. Or we get a Dracula reboot

• (B) Still cool (Underworld, Twilight, The Vaimpire Diaries, Hotel..) 👻

• Vampires are so sexy I would totally let one suck my blood.

• Of course I just think it depends on the narrator or artist

• Vampires will never be uncool

• Vampires will be cool again in like 15 years. I think they're still cool now but people are so burnt out on vampires

What Guys Said 21

• Waits to see who the hell thinks Twilight 'Vampires' are cool. Oh glob I made a mistake in looking at the comments >.<' Thats not a Vampire, thats a dam fairy with vampire-like teeth. What made Vampires cool is the Sexiness with the FEAR of what they are capable of. Not a bloody sparkly out-of-place non sensical story plot that has more holes than a pair of fish net panties. REAL Vampire stories are the stuff that amazes you but keeps you up at night wondering if they may or may not be real. Finally NO I don't care about any obsessed fan I may have pissed off in the comments, I don't consider THAT THING to be a Vampire... just a cheap annoying knock off... Phew... I think I just went from 0-10000000000000 in rage when I saw that Vamp-Imposter lol.

• It will make a come back once the zombie craze wears down... actually India just came out with a new vampire series and they are thinking of remaking Buffy so I guess we shall see.

I just hope it's not similar to the vampires in Twilight that are vegetarian and sparkle in the sunlight. What kind of crap is that? Bring back vampires like Lestat
    media.giphy.com/media/VJXDTv1fUaE9y/giphy.gif

• i was totally neutral with vampires and then twilight definitely dumped the truck for me

• I tossed the holy hand grenade of Antioch lol.

Also we all know werewolves was always were it was at, twilight pretty much sealed the vampires fate with glitter lol. Though I will admit the vampire in the underworld series are pretty cool.

• Vampires vs. zombies. Who wins?

• The world turns, what was may come again. So, the answer is yes.

• It'll take some time to get that Twilight mess erased from out brains.

I recommend watching Bram Stoker's Dracula. Very good film. I just saw it like some time last year.

• Brother Maynard! Bring up the Holy Hand grenade!

• @Curmudgeon
      "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

• Vampires always have been cool. Vampire: The Masquerade was and is very cool.

• Depends on who does the vampire fiction,
    The Dresden files has vampires and its awesome
    The original Dracula is a fun read (I read it pretty much every year at halloween)
    It really depends on who does it

• Never been much of a fan of vampires, but I've seen the Dracula movies and know a little bit about the novel. The Underworld franchise was pretty cool too... and then Twilight happened.

• Always have been and still are. The 'Twilight Vampire' is just a trend to make them more appealing to (mainly) teenagers. That doesn't mean it has to be the only kind of vampire potrayed in media.

• The cool factor of vampires will never fade! :-D

• I hope to see vampires brought back to what they used to be or better.
    Sure they have been taken to the romantic theme in movies but it hasn't been done right in my opinion.

• Nope, because Vampires never stopped being cool.

• I thought that Twilight was pretty good. Am I the only one?

• The only good vampire is a dead vampire.

• as long as they do not sparkle :P

• Twilight... yuck