Why do creationists say that macro-evolution means one animal evolving into a different kind as opposed speciation (which has been observed)?

Macro-Evolution has nothing to do with one animal evolving into a different clade, rather it's a twin nested hierarchy that describes speciation events giving rise to new clades within it's parents pre-existing clade. It doesn't mean dogs evolving into cats, it means cats and dogs sharing a common ancestor (miacis) that was the ancestor of all carnivorans that evolved into both hesperocyon (the first dog) and proailurus (the first cat). And just as all the descendants of hesperocyon will be dogs and all the descendants of proailurus will be cats, all the descendants of miacis (including cats and dogs) will still be carnivorans.
Why do creationists say that macro-evolution means one animal evolving into a different kind as opposed speciation (which has been observed)?.

0|0
0|4

Most Helpful Guy

• To put it simply: because they don't even care to understand it. It's not that they're only ignorant, they're also uninterested to actually inform themselves. Sadly, a lot of people prefer to believe in stuff that is somehow comforting to them but complete and utter bullshit rather than understanding actual reality.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.

What Guys Said 3

• Coming from a creationist perspective. I think part of it is that it doesn't make sense that all living things came from a common ancestor. Believing that all dogs came from an earlier version of a wolf that later evolved into the canine species we have today. Personally, I do believe in evolution since 'in the Bible' it says that for the Lord a thousand years is a day and vice versa, which could mean that one day of creation for God could've been however many years for us.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they don't understand it properly. When you subscribe to one view, you tend to focus on being an expert of that and ignore the details of the other.

For example I could explain evolution alright but ask me to explain the Origen's of certain religious texts and interpret the mumbo jumbo, I can't do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • for the same reason atheists think mainstream Christians think God is a man with a beard and who lives in the clouds or that Jesus is a myth: they don't associate with the people they disagree with anywhere near enough to know anything about the thing they're challenging.

0|0
    0|0
    • The difference however is that evolution is a scientific fact. There are not 1000 different views of evolution that are all equally true. There is only ONE way evolution works and that is the scientifically correct way. Contrary to that, there are thousands, if not millions of different views of god all over the world and even within America. Ask 10 christians about who and what god is and you'll get 15 different answers. Christians like to believe that their religion is monolithic but the opposite is true. There are thousands of different christian denominations and every sect and every group and every denomination has its own views. Since nobody actually knows what this supposed god looks like, one opinion is just as good as the next. This is not the case with scientific theories. In science, there are absolute truths and clear errors.