Im scared to turn 18?

Im scared of growing up in general, im not sure why, i was always excited until it hit me. Ill never be a kid again under the law.

Im terrified to turn 18, to graduate and i have half a year left. I absolutely hate being born in January because I feel older than everyone else. Please help me, i dont know how to prepare for this and i know its coming anyway, whether I like it or not.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't be afraid of responsibilities and independence.
    Welcome to the life!
    Nah
    Welcome to the jungle!
    Seriously, I was the happiest person ever when I had 18th birthday.
    What about not being a kid anymore, I am friend with a kid who lives in me and we have a good time sometimes.
    That's too early to say goodbye to the child that lives in you.
    Just learn how to take responsibilities and step into the life.

What Guys Said 7

• You don't have to act like an adult, besides with your responsibilities.

You can still have fun and fuck around with people a lot. It's alright. I never want to grow up either, so I don't try to act mature. I don't TRY to act any certain way, I just act how I feel.

• I felt the same when I turned 18 then same again when I turned 20. It's actually not that bad being an officially adult. Transition happens gradually so don't be scared. It's not gonna be like once you turn 18, sudden Changes will happen. Also 18 is a fun age, you get to be technically still a teen with access to more things. It's as if an entry level to adulthood.

The trick is, try and don't lose the spirit of your fun youth as you grow older in my opinion n I'll be alright

• Don't turn. Just go straight into it 😉

• Why? you are still young lol

• Its not a big difference
    It will just change from ruining your life by others to ruining your life by yourself

• you can't do anything about that it's inevitable

• You'll realize real fast that you won't feel different and you really won't be treated differently. Most people still see 18 19 and 20 year olds as still kids. And depending on your looks if you look youthful your entire early to mid 20s you'll still feel like a kid.

What Girls Said 9

• I understand what you mean, I've got about a year and a half too. I'm terrified because I intend on moving out when I turn 18. Just expose yourself to what you'll be facing, get a better understanding of what you have to do as a legal adult. Get your ducks in a row and try as best as you can to mentally prepare. Tis what I'm doing.

• I was like you when I graduated. Change into adulthood is not as sudden as you think. Try new things and get new experiences so you can enjoy the transition into adulthood. Today, I actually can't wait until I am out on my own.

• Get used to it!

• I feel you. I'll be turning 21 soon and I'm not very excited. When I turned 20 I felt very old lol. The only thing I can say is to just accept it and move on.

• What day? I'm 18 on January 12th. I personally think it'll be fun. I realized how old I am when my niece was watching High School Musical and that movie was older than her... She's 9 👀

• I hate being born January as well... smh my birthday comes too fucking fast

• Same here

• Don't be scared.

Take it one ste

• You're just gonna turn 18.. it's just a number
    Nothing really happens lol life just continues

• Agreed. Just take care of your body. It's just revolutions around the sun.