Can you please help me what does that mean?

Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock.
Can you please what does that mean?

1mo Any one can help
1mo Ultimately, we're not the avatars we create. We're not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through it. All else is just smoke and mirrors. Distracting, but not truly compelling.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, I guess it means that we all create an image of ourselves that we show to the world, both literally (as a picture on the film - not that cameras use film anymore!), and more metaphorically as the public image we display (like the things we choose to put up on facebook). But these images are all surface, a construct that we have made - our "real" selves are more complex and deep than that

Thanks a lot

that peace that we’re after, lies somewhere beyond personality, beyond the perception of others, beyond invention and disguise, even beyond effort itself. You can join the game, fight the wars, play with form all you want, but to find real peace, you have to let the armor fall. Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world. Don’t let anything stand in the way of the light that shines through this form. Risk being seen in all of your glory.

I appreciate more if you explain that to me as well 😀

OK, I'll give you my interpretation!
      I think what he's saying is that we are often afraid about being honest about what we really feel, because we're scared that people will think we are weak or stupid or unrealistic - that we will be unacceptible in some way. So we try to fit in, to be "normal", and do what is expected of us, like getting a respectable job in the army or something. Acting normal is a kind of armour that we hope will protect us from being unacceptible in society. It helps us blend in, but can also make us kind of invisible because no-one notices people who don't stand out from the crowd. I think his point is, though, that this kind of acceptance is not true acceptance: society is accepting our public image rather than who we truly are. To be at peace, we have to accept ourselves, and show the world our whole selves (including all our vulnerabilities and our hopes and dreams), and trust that the world will like us even better when we're not hiding anything

What Guys Said 1

• Ask Jim Carrey. He's the guy who said it. Ultimately it sounds like he is saying what everyone already has and just wants to sound poetic and profound. But he's saying you can look at a person from one perspective and know him. People act differently based on where they are, who they are around, and what they are doing. So what is the real you? I think he's saying the real you is all of that and more.

But you guys are way ahead of the game. You already know who you are and that peace, that peace that we’re after, lies somewhere beyond personality, beyond the perception of others, beyond invention and disguise, even beyond effort itself.

What about this

I'll be honest: I'm not going to read his whole speech in order to put it in the proper context. If he's saying what I think he is, I think he's wrong. About them being ahead of the game.

But again, he's talking about perspectives and expectations. It's a long winded way of say "be your true self. Don't feel like you have to please anyone's expectations- not even your own. Instead, just accept who you are."