Which is better to listen to – your heart or your brain?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I choose brain. Emotions can really cloud good judgment. The best is when you make a good choice and your heart gets rewarded by it.
    Ex. People (girls and guys) should stop choosing to date people that aren't nice to them. Our hearts can tell us how much we care about them and how we'll be so sad if we lose them. Meanwhile our brains are screaming that this person is not good news. When you choose to date someone great, your heart will thank you for it.

What Guys Said 72

• generally your brain. it's more rational and rational thought typically keeps you out of trouble

however i think at times you do have to let your heart decide. but even then it should be balance of following the heart while the brain leads to you make the decision after careful consideration

• I feel it's best to listen to both, because both will have valid feelings and points of view you need to be logical but also emotional, especially when dealing with things regarding boyfriends/girlfriends and the like.

But this more or less varies depending upon the situation and who or what your dealing with.

• brain the heart doesn't mean anything and it lies way to much for you too even think about trusting it.

• Brain. Your heart can make you do crazy things and your brain will advise you against it. Always listen to reason.

• Brain for sure, my heart is fucking retarted and has cost me so much unnecessary heartache

• Your brain.
    Listening to your heart = Not always thinking straight, and doing what feels right, in the moment.
    Listening to your brain = Thinking logically, weighing the pros and cons, and coming to a decision based on those pros and cons.

• Follow your heart into a relationship but follow your head out of a relationship.

• Listen to the heart consult with the brain

• Heart for what you want. Brain for how to get it.

• I would say a mix maybe 60/40 brain/heart

• Your heart will lie to you. My heart has wanted some of the worst things. But the heart is necessary. If you can combine your heart, brain, and instincts, you will find the man for your life. If any of those things is in disagreement, then it is the wrong choice.

• 2|0
  • If you're smart listen to your brain, if you're not well you're fucked anyway so do what you want.

• Listen to your heart but let your brain touch the brake when it has to :D

• Brain Ofcourse.

• I listen to my heart more than my head, which is a nice thing but it's not necessarily the best thing. Like everything in life there has to be a balance.

• Brain. Logic. Heart. Emotions.

LOGIC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EMOTIONS.

• Honestly, sometimes you can't always trust your own thoughts. I think listen to the Lord, but you gotta both think with your head and feel with your heart in harmony.

• your brain. listening to your heart will always lead you to a world of pain.

• Brain for shit I dont give a fuck about, thinking with my heart, means I give a fuck, and if I give a fuck. It must mean something, so I don't ignore it.

• Brain. Always.

• Heart

• Brain! The heart has all those untrustworthy emotions!

• Brain, usually the brain. The brain's got logic xD

• Your brain

• Brain, Always

• Your brain.

• Both. They both need to be in the right place. I don't get involved with a woman who doesn't have them both in the right place.

• brain is the home of emotion
    heart just goes badum badum badum

• You only think from your brain, the heart only pumps blood.

• More from Guys
    42

What Girls Said 79

• Both..
    Both Heart and Head go hand in hand but a Choice which One, hun, At That Moment that Fits In what you have in Mind.
    Good luck and Great question, hun. xx

• "Your gut is smarter than your head" -me

Brain = Logic
    Heart = Emotion
    Gut = Intuition/Instinct

You never actually forget anything that you experience, but your memory recall might be poor. That's when your instincts take over and give that little "feeling" or voice in the back of your head, just a "knowing" of what is right or wrong.

• Your brain. Your heart is stupid as shit.

• Your gut :)

• Both, but when my logic prevails, it usually tells me Not to do something, therefore I have less to remember than when I follow my heart and it takes the wheel. Good or bad, I usually remember the heart!

• That's a hard one...
    Always follow your heart and you might end up in sticky situations. Emotions can make you do stupid things...
    but always follow your brain and the risk is you might end up pretty unhappy, regretting many past decisions.
    I tend to always consider both when making a decision. And in some cases, it's pretty obvious wether to use your brain or heart.

• What your mind says, or else you'll probably regret it if you don't listen to your logic/gut feeling.

• Both, use your brain to make logical and practical choices and your heart for your passion and the capability to give some people chances to change

• I would say your brain. Your heart might deceived you and sometimes it leads to bad decisions.
    When you use your brain, the chances of making a good and smart decision are high.

• The heart results in a happier but riskier choice, whilst the brain results in a reliable but possibly boring choice.

• Brain please it's good to listen to ur heart too but usually it'll get u in trouble so try to listen to it but also use ur brain and listen to it first

• My brain. My heart is beyond dumb.

Opinion owner. Exactly the opposite. But I don't believe your beyond dumb at all. !!

@Djaaaaaay I didn't say I was beyond dumb, just my heart. That's why I tend to listen to my brain more often than my heart.

Opinion owner. If you would have spoken from your heart instead , you would have given me a better more meaningful reply.

• both

• Well since I usually follow my heart and screw up, I'll say brain.

• Depends on the situation, when dealing with other people in relationships- sometimes it pays to listen to your heart. But overall i'd say brain.

• Your brain.

• A combination of the two.

• Brain of course

• I think it really depends on the situation. Sometimes its good to listen to your brain. But your heart is you at your core. Its you being completely real with yourself. Your heart cannot deny the things your brain tries to... and your brain can't trick your heart... so I follow my heart and even if I get hurt, once I get past it, I'm free and clear of what-ifs...

• Brain. Feelings change

Opinion owner. Feelings change for a reason , the brain then try's to ration the reasoning why.

• Your brain, because it shows reasoning, which is important when it comes to decision making, and about anything else.
    Our professor told us emotions destroy thinking/logic, hence when emotions take over, we can not think properly.

• Niether. Listen to your heart and make a big mistake and listen to your brain you might miss out on want the heart wants.

• brain

• your brain. It is more logical and your heart gets you nowhere

• Your brain! Your heart doesn't think about the consequences of your actions, only the things you feel at the moment.

• Both butif I had to choose, I'd chose my heart. If we all only used our brain, only used logic and not feelings, we would be a cold race. People starving? Our brains would just shrug it off, saying you are well feed and that is all that matters. Children homeless and cold? So what, your brain would say, you are home and warm.

As humans, we are lucky we have both hearts and brains, logic and emotion. We as a species just need to find a balance between the two.

• I hate these kind of predicaments. I dont like how my heart leads to me to a blind fall but i dont like how my head assume a lot of things too. Honestly both have to work together to get what we want for ourselves. If my heart wants more than my head then no. If my head wants more than my heart then no. I usually find a way what my heart n my mind wants :).

• BRAIN but your heart will win

• Your brain. Your heart can mess you up sometimes.

• More from Girls
    49