My dad pulled my hair really hard will it grow back or is it damaged?

my hair has always been really thick and coarse , but today i got into a big argument with my dad so he grabbed me by my hair and started pulling and ripping it out. after the fight i started to run my fingers through my hair only to see chunks of it coming out in my hand and my scalp had a strong tingling and sore sensation. right now i feel as if my hair has really thinned out and it is not as thick as it was earlier in the day. when i looked in the mirror i saw spots all over my scalp with little to no hair. will my hair grow back or is it too damaged and my hair will be forever this thin?

0|0
3|3

Most Helpful Guy

• You are young, your hair will recover.

But , your father is really scary, and what he dis is domestic abuse and it's criminal. You need to make plans to get out as soon as possible.

1|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

hopefully i can graduate and get a job so i can move out but right now i have no where to go , pray for me

What Guys Said 2

• It will grow back

1|0
    0|0
  • Obviously you need to learn respect for your elders.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I was never disrespectful he was just trying to force his religion on me

• 1mo

Well says your 18 so time for you to live on your own.

What Girls Said 3

• First of all your dad is a dick second of all I think you're over reacting about the thinning, whatever came out will grow back.

1|0
    0|0
  • its damaged and i hope your dad apologized :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Your father needs anger management!
    The hair will grow back don't worry.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

hopefully i just feel so ugly because if the patches in my hair and i don't know how i am going to go to college tomorrow