My dad pulled my hair really hard will it grow back or is it damaged?

my hair has always been really thick and coarse , but today i got into a big argument with my dad so he grabbed me by my hair and started pulling and ripping it out. after the fight i started to run my fingers through my hair only to see chunks of it coming out in my hand and my scalp had a strong tingling and sore sensation. right now i feel as if my hair has really thinned out and it is not as thick as it was earlier in the day. when i looked in the mirror i saw spots all over my scalp with little to no hair. will my hair grow back or is it too damaged and my hair will be forever this thin?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are young, your hair will recover.

But , your father is really scary, and what he dis is domestic abuse and it's criminal. You need to make plans to get out as soon as possible.

hopefully i can graduate and get a job so i can move out but right now i have no where to go , pray for me

What Guys Said 2

• It will grow back

• Obviously you need to learn respect for your elders.

I was never disrespectful he was just trying to force his religion on me

Well says your 18 so time for you to live on your own.

What Girls Said 3

• First of all your dad is a dick second of all I think you're over reacting about the thinning, whatever came out will grow back.

• its damaged and i hope your dad apologized :/

• Your father needs anger management!
    The hair will grow back don't worry.

hopefully i just feel so ugly because if the patches in my hair and i don't know how i am going to go to college tomorrow