Why are off the shoulder tops considered slutty?

Or dresses?

I used to love boat necks. I never wore an off the shoulder top but I always wondered why people thought it was slutty.

They're beautiful tops/dresses. Strapless dresses show the same amount of skin as off the shoulder tops but they're not considered as slutty. I don't get it :S lol

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think so. I think it looks good. You don't have to just accept what some people think as a general truth, live your life the way you want what people say is just a opinion you on't have to care about it if you don't want to.

• In who's opinion? I've never heard this. I'm guessing this judgement comes from other women (usually does anything slut related). Women are the first to call other women sluts, which I don't understand at all. Why shame each other like that?

• no there not... but anything with cheetah print is slutty

What Girls Said 7

• They're not considered slutty! In fact, they're considered very high fashion, especially after their gained popularity this summer. The only thing that would make them slutty is if they were so low that your boobs were hanging out.. other than that, I think they're a classy way to show some skin!

• Great question! I'm not sure why showing shoulders is considered sexy or even trashy. It's just a shoulder! Even if the dress or shirt isn't low cut at all it's still considered riskey ( sorry not sure if that's spelled right and of all times auto correct isn't helping!). I've always wondered the same thing.

• 16d

So true.

Off the shoulder tops for the most part, barely show any cleavage, it's just shoulders. Plus strapless dresses show the same amount of skin :S

• I love them too! They're so cute! I think it's because of the prominent collar bone that it's considered inappropriate.

• I wear them all the time. Don't care what anyone else thinks about how I dress.

• 16d

More power to you

• 16d

My favourite off the shoulder top is the one Belle wore in beauty and the beast <3

• it ain't slutty tho

• Because now they make it super tight and super cropped

• I didn't know they were... I think their cute ahhah i wear them all the time LOL