Do most girls dislike "handsome" guys?

From what I hear, I'm pretty handsome. I've had gay guys hit on me, and girls tell me how attractive I am. But at college girls act almost afraid to look at me or talk to me. Even the really attractive girls that you think wouldn't be shy act this way. This would be fine, but the problem is that I'm shy too. I probably look stuck up and arrogant but I'm not really this way. How do I get girls to talk to me or even look at me for the matter. How do I let them know that's it's OK and I won't bite lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, most handsome guys are not shy and humble but very confident and expect the girls to adore them for how awesome they are...I've met some like this and since then I'm kinda suspicious when a handsome guy hits on me, because I think that he just wants an ego-boost or a groupie or whatever.

Also there's the image of handsome guys being gay most of the time, which is not true, but you never know beforehand, of course.

And yeah, there's the competition issue, many girls think that a handsome guy can have any girl so naturally being not very self-confident they think that they have no chance.

Oh, I guess it sucks being an handsome guy - but there must be some girls around you can ask out, or? I don't think they'll turn you down, if you approach them. Because let's face it, it's really hard for a girl to turn down a handsome guy...we're all suckers for beauty.