Why do guys block girls who tell them they like them? I thought guys wanted girls to be honest and direct?

I just told I guy I liked him and still wanted to be friends (sent in a message to him on Facebook) and then he blocks me! What the heck?! Will someone please tell me what the heck is going on?! What is up with this dude? When I first communicated with him in getting to know him he seemed like a very nice guy and he even messaged me and was saying how “we should definitely catch up” as friends I am guessing and a few weeks later he sends another message that says: “Catch you in 3 weeks after exams, wish me luck!”.Well these messages occurred in November and December of last year. He’s overseas going to school so he doesn’t go on Facebook as much but when he did, he used to communicate a little. I don’t get it, does he think I am distracting him or something? I would send him some nice comments and a cool music video? I also told him that I wasn’t sure if he was interested in or seeing someone else? Can anyone help me?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• 1- Guys like the chase more then the capture.2- You could have been a bit more conservative and let him make more of the plays3- Not honest and direct, but never not a lier and somewhat direct Overall the dude is a d***, let him go and find a better man

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't block, but I might not respond.Depends on the how much I knew the girl and her past.

• Grils block guys this way all the time! It probably just means he's already in some sort of relationship and doesn't want complications.

• sooo many reasons why, it could be anything. when I hear "friend" come from a woman in regards to "us" tho I immediately take that as a sign she's just not interested in dating me. its involuntary like a reflex and I move on.

What Girls Said 2

• I get blocked a lot by guys because I like to debate, then they think I'm all intellect and no sex drive. Also, a girlfriend of mine told me that whenever you mention the word "friend" to a guy, as oppose to "boyfriend" he might interpret that as a non-sexual relationship.Just a thought.

• It could be a number of things. He could have met someone else he likes, and doesn't want to hurt you. By you finding out on fb. He could have a girlfriend already. He could be really busy with exams, and not wanting to get into anything with girls. Just realized that he's not that into you. He blocked you, so what happened happened..the best thing you could do now is just move on from him. He's not putting time and effort into you, he's not worth your time.