• Ask
  • myTake

How Do I Forget Him?

Always easier said then done,but it's been months and I can't get over him. How do I do this with out going crazy about it? We didn't date,but we... Show More

What Experts Said

Most Helpful Opinion

• Don't rethink your decisionExamine what happened, and ask yourself why.Keep your distance. Accept your pain.Think through everything thoroughly, but not obsessively.Deal with the hate phase.Talk to your friends.Write all your feelings down. Write in a journal or write poems. Most of all, be absolutely honest and don't edit yourself as you go.Clean up! Find happiness in other areas of your life. Whether that means spending time with your friends and family, taking up that class you've always wanted to take, or reading every book on the New York Times bestseller list, remind yourself that a relationship is one part of life, but even when you are in one, there are personal pleasures that you can always enjoy on your own. Indulge in those things now. As they say, the best revenge is living well.

What Guys Said 2

• Just keep yourself occupied with friends and activities.

• I'm sorry to hear that you were put in this situation. It is sad to see when a guy does this to a girl. I personally would never lead on multiple girls at the same time, but then again, I'm not all guys in the world. The sad truth of the matter is that you will just have to move on for now. As long as there is another girl involved with him, there is really little you can do about it. I would say to stop even being friends with him, this will spark his interest as to why you aren't paying much attention to him anymore. When he talks to you just make it seem like there are more important things in your life than him. Then when he breaks up with the other girl, you start giving him more attention, but only after he gives you the attention first. You don't want to be the one chasing in this situation.Another good idea would to go and look for a better guy. There are many out there. Good luck.

What Girls Said 6

• yeah, same here. Just fill your life up with lots and lots of activities, work, school, club, martial arts, sports, shopping, chores, going out with friends etc etc. once you get busy, there won't be a second left to think about him.I don't talk to my ex-bf or think anything fond of him. I've just trained myself to think like we never met because yeah, he's been with many many different girls since me, he's not worth my time, thinking of him takes up my time, think of him and moping about him and what went wrong is needless worry because the bastard doesn't even think about me anymore. So I think about it like this, my life is more important than his and I should focus on myself.So take care of yourself better, take time out for yourself and do the things you love to do to make you happy and forget to needlessly worry about what this guy is doing. chances are he's not even thinking about you if he's with another girl. That's how I stopped thinking about my ex. good question ^_^

• after a break up .. I usually go out;have fun; & meet new people.it helps ALOT!

• I wish I knew the answer to your question girl, I reallyy do. I'm kinda going through the same thing right now as what you just described... :( The saaamee damn thing.

• Ok now imagine it lasted for three years...you met his family his friends ...everyone knew you as his girlfriend except him.he'd call or text you to hang out watch a movie and you f*** him when you slept over 3 times a week because you just couldn't keep your hands to your self around him...he took care of you while you puked in the sink.and got cross faded for the first time he defended you from his friends calling your outfits too bland.wrestle with you and still had sex with you after you gain 20 pounds because you got mad at him 6 months ago because he doesn't want you as a girlfriend so you stopped talking to him...he made you breakfast dinner and made sure you got home safe every time or if not he would make you sleep over when it got to late anytime you got drunk you go to his house call it your home and he would take care of you...even at night he would hold you tight around your stomach like you never thought and even let's you. Sleep on he elbow when he said he wouldn't do that for a girl but did it for you...after all that!he calls you friend ,won't kiss your lips or hold your hand...so what is the logical think to do?what does everyone tell you to do?!?!?!?"your single forget him,enjoy single life go flirt ,make out. Perhaps a one night stand won't you!cmon he doesn't want you as a gf!your tooo immature if he wanted you he'd go get you!" So I go have fun and wtf happens?!?!? He doesn't want to kiss me because another guy has!?!?!wtf does he care!i do this sh*t to get over him because I can't stop thinking about him and its unhealthy!i try to go out and have fun but its hard so I push myself to go kiss ,go fling maybe you'll feel something but I never do. By the end I feel worst than before...I used to drink to get blackouts out of frustration.. Alas that's part of it but point being I f***ed it up more... I think ,dream,wish,cry as usual for him for the past 6-7 months I've encaged myself in my room slowly desperately trying to get up but I cry harder and I get sick because of it ,everything I watched,listened to or do remind me of him even the f***king bus is hell...he was the one person in my f***ing world to calm me down when I'm sad,angry or upset in a spilt second and vice versa...no one else can do that and the only way I walk to do anything is by focusing on one thing I repeat it over and over I've made poems songs letters...none of it helps just as I am about to say I'm ready I cry at random times I can't have sex without wanting to vomit,it was like that before with everyone except him but since he got out of the picture I loath myself,I'm trying hard I really am...

• Well I posted this question on here about 4 years ago so I been long over him..but dang sounds like you've got it bad dude. Time heals all wounds and honestly that's the truth.

• Wow,good to hear and thank you, I know I just wish time and I moved faster..

• NO LIE, I'm going through the EXACT same thing.ughhhh horrible isn't it?:'(well my only advice is...dont talk to him. becuase I bet when you do,hes all like flirty and calling you baby and that you're his' or maybe thingsthat make you think he likes you. but he's just like messing around BIG TIME.right ?i know that there's a part of you that wants to forget him completly, but there's anotherpart that just wants him sososo much. but you seriously can't let him play with you likethat. I mean...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. if he wanted you you wouldn't be having to wait that long.Just think of all the times that he hurt you and lied to you (if he did) and that'll probably make you realize how stupid you were in actually believing all of his bull ! sooo please do this for yourself and forget about him , because -even if I don't know you- I know for a fact that youdeserve better than that. becuase if you think about it...he was probably just flattered that you liked him and he liked the attetion and MAYBE that's all he was trying to get out of you. <-im not saying it was, I'm just kind of using the facts in my situation. i hope this helped, it deffinitly helped me :D