The Truth About Getting Over "Him"

The Truth About Getting Over "Him".

1. Thinking about him with other women

It obviously doesn't help when you're broken up with your ex, and you're thinking about him with other gorgeous women. In fact, it will actually drive you crazy. Instead think about it this way, if you're in the mindset that you want him back or that he loves you- have hope in this. No stunning woman in the world should be able to take his love and attention away from you, if he truly cares about you. Keep this logic in your mind the next time you become upset. If another woman does steal his heart away from yours, you truly didn't have real love in the first place.

The Truth About Getting Over "Him"

2. Reminiscing about the good times

That's just you selectively choosing to recall the good times, while not keeping in mind why you broke up in the first place. Always remember that there is a reason why you're not together, and when impulse strikes you try to focus on the pain that you went through.

The Truth About Getting Over "Him"

3. The "I'm guilty, it's my fault" thought

100 times over and over, i kept convincing myself that it was my fault and that maybe i was too "bitchy" or too "needy", and this is why my ex acted the way he did. At the end of the day it takes 2 to make it work. If he wanted to make it work he would have assessed what you needed and worked with you to make each other happy.

The Truth About Getting Over "Him"

4. Stalking 101

Stalking doesn't help anyone, in fact it will drive you crazy. Try to remove him from your life and concentrate on yourself and your happiness. The more you stalk him the more you're gonna miss him, and whether you want him back or you want to move on, creeping on him isn't going to help you.

The Truth About Getting Over "Him"

5. Lounging in bed and crying for months

You can take your time and mourn the loss of your ex... but don't over do. Sometimes you have to get up, smile and know that you're lucky to be alive! Most people would wish to have a life like yours, and pain will heal with time. Do the best you can and get yourself out there.

The Truth About Getting Over "Him"
17
3

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

Most Helpful Guy

• OvershareGamer

Or just do what my ex-wife did and every other woman I know in the world does to get over some guy.

Spend awhile thinking "I should give it another go" then on a happy Friday dress in sexy clothing like high-cut boots, get a boyfriend, then just automatically hate the ex a day later, and never talk to them again like they are freddy krugar or some crap.

Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Astoriana

The key to getting over anyone is to keep your mind occupied. Then you don’t have the time to torture yourself with any visions of the past.

Is this still revelant?

216
  • Logorithim

Very good points, especially #1. We often underestimate how many relationships really were unlikely to work out, especially since this is clear usually only in hindsight.

• CheckPlease

So when do girls twist what happened and greatly exaggerate it?
    My ex and I talked and she had complained about what I had broken up with her about thinking that I had done those sins against her when she did them against me!

• GracefulCharm

Some sad shit. I wouldn't want to experience this more than once. Must of been painful. But must of taught yourself a lot too. Life, nothing is given to us that we can't handle.

• I disagree on the last part, I think it's just that people who couldn't handle things didn't live to tell us why.

• @HopelessPaul Life comes whether your ready for it or not. If you can't handle it, it's because you decided to give up at some point. I can never give up. I've been blessed with too many successes.

• I wouldn't go with such a lack of empathy as you show to tell a terminal cancer patient they are just giving up, for example. We can control some things but not everything happening to us is out of our will.

• People need to deal with this kind of shit, and move on, not wallow in it, I agree.

• magic30

I always say that the best way to get over some guy is to get under under another.

• Charleslvajr

I've seen very few women who don't get over a guy very quickly.

• NYCQuestions1976

If you find it hard to get over a guy, then find another guy that's hard.

• rogermclain

I found thinking with a new person turned me on so much

• StickStickity13

It shouldn't be hard to get over a guy, just find another. It wouldn't be that hard

• thehonestdude

There's always another guy unless you're ugly and fat but even then maybe?

• LegateLanius

@CheckPlease
    I've seen that happen a lot.

• I have hear some guys also say that happened to them. Its so weird how much things get twisted.

• TomasLyy

@CheckPlease Its not a girl thing, it just so happens your girlfiriend was a"girl" trust me... guys do this too i bet

• @TomasLyy
      I've never witnessed it, but you're right, I'm sure guys do it too.

• cupidkisses

Good

• rockrewls

Good MyTake...

• GoldCobra

Great mytake

• CT_CD

Nice myTake

• Brazy

let him have the side piece

• Hungry_Shark

Interesting.

• Revolver_

I agree, this is the truth