You thought you will never ever get over the person who was once the love of your life.
You spent your days crying in the shower thinking where did your love go wrong.
You spent your nights crying in bed watching sappy old movies and stuffing your face with chocolate and chugging a bottle of wine.
Your days are dragging on and on.
Your nights cold and lonely.
Your bed is all of a sudden too big for you…
You look in the mirror and you see a person with unruly hair, bloodshot eyes and mascara running down your cheeks.
The person, who you thought will never leave you, did just that. He is not coming back…
Days, months, years gone by… One day you are yourself again.
Here are the signs you’re so over that EX.
1. You feel NOTHING when someone mentions his name or when someone talks to you about them.
2. You don’t get emotional or get flashbacks every time “your song” plays on the radio.
3. You act normal when you randomly run into them.
4. You are in the dating scene again. Not to look for a rebound but to date and love again!
5. Your heart doesn’t jump every time you do get a message from them. It’s like ehh…
6. You don’t think about them anymore.
7. You can finally say you are over them without hesitations.
8. They are just but a name now…
9. When you see them online, you don’t feel the need to reach out anymore.
10. When you see pictures of them on your timeline, you either keep scrolling or make a comment but a friendly and genuine one.
11. When you see them with someone new, you don’t have a mental breakdown and gouging your eyes out.
12. When you guys bump into each other and they brought their new beau, you are genuinely happy for them.
13. You become their friend. Platonic friend. You even become their wing man or a bride’s maid at their wedding. Or their child’s godparent! Lol
14. You are so proud to introduce your new beau to them when you guys come across each other.
15. If still single, you don’t need to lie to them about your single life when they ask about your love life status.
16. You find yourself happier without them in your life.
17. You spend more time in bettering yourself not for them but for you.
18. When you do see or smell something that reminds you of them, you feel happy instead of nostalgic sad.
19. They made you stronger by breaking your heart. You thought you couldn’t do it but here you are now…
20. If they do try to get back together, you are honest with them that you are over them and you feel good about saying NO.
Getting over someone is one of the hardest things to do in life but is the best things to feel once you are past it. You are ready for the dating world and you are not afraid to love again.
You go, you!