Stop waiting for them to come back!

Stop waiting for them to come back. They are gone, left you. Vanished, like a fart in the wind. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you can move on and start moving forward in your life

Stop waiting for them to come back!

I know, there is a part of you that wants them to realize that you were the best that they ever had, and that they can’t live their life without you. My friend, that’s what you need to realize. Your worth is not dependant on one person. Who you are, is not who you are with that person. Don’t hope for them to reach out to you, to make amends or apologize. It’s never going to happen.

Repeat after me; they are not coming back and I need to move on with my life. If by some miracle, they do come back, you should not be sitting there waiting for them.

Stop waiting for them to come back!

People come in and out of your life for a reason, and leave when that lesson is learned or that they have done everything that they were supposed to do. Things don’t always go according to plan, and sometimes you were just meant to walk on a different path than them. The world, the universe is a crazy place and we never know what it has in store for us. We can only go with the flow and keep making ourselves happy. Often the path that is filled with heartache is the path that we learn the most lessons from.

Stop waiting for them to come back!

This lesson teaches you that you should not pin your happiness to a single person. That love is imperfect; people are imperfect and are prone to making mistakes. Don’t get caught up in an imaginary person, creating someone and something that can only exist in your head. Expectations can kill. You should start visualizing your own dreams, as dreams are dependent on you, and only you to make then a reality.

These lessons help make us stronger allowing us to become better versions of ourselves. In the long run, making us a better human for potential partners. If we don’t love ourselves and who we are, how can we expect anyone to love us?

So stop counting the reasons why they should be loved, and count the reasons why you are the one that is worth loving.

Stop waiting for them to come back!

1621

Most Helpful Guys

• I can't... I've been miserable since November, crying on the train to work, crying on the way from work... looking at pictures of us, remembering every moment with her, wondering how such beautiful and happy memories can be so painful to remember, rewatching the video she sent me to tell me she loved me on a daily basis. I believed for the first time in my life that i had found my other half. She was the ONE. In her arms i felt whole, her smile made me forget my pains, her embrace silenced my demons and her kisses healed me. I felt alive, she was my angel and i desperately tried to be hers, i did anything and everything to make her happy and was ready to endure any torment for her. I envisionned a future with her, i wanted a future with her... she was perfect.
    I
    CAN'T
    MOVE ON... I feel like i'm never going to be happy again, i miss her with every passing second, a piece of me is simply gone. It's been almost 4 months and i can't see myself with anyone else, nor do i want to be. As of today i see myself a lonely 80 year old man, no kids, no grandkids, no family. Only my sister and her family.

• really? i pour my heart out and i get dislikes? wow...

• oh boy. then why is she not with you?
      you need to grow up bro, she left because you were a crybaby.
      you need to hold yourself together like a real man.

• @james0000 grow up? you insult a woman you know nothing about and when i defend her because objectively she is NOTHING of what you described i'm a crybaby? seriously

• "They are gone, left you. Vanished, like a fart in the wind. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you can move on and start moving forward in your life."

I feel like I wrote those exact words as a reply somewhere else. Nutty! :p

Most Helpful Girls

• Put simply

It’s better to expect the worst I. e. they have left and ain’t coming back

And appreciate and be excited and thankful for anything good that may end up happening I. e. they fucked up and want you back

Then you have the right and the headspace to decide if that’s what you want and what makes you happy now that you had accepted they were gone and have a clear head of what really makes you happy in life

It’s not always what you crave at the time.

• Short story: he blocked me and i immediately blocked him back both on Facebook and Instagram. He unblocked me and then blocked me back after seeing that I blocked him too. You can actually see it on Instagram, even though you blocked them. I had my revenge. At least I know he cares enough to block me again Hehe

Join the discussion

1419
  • Can I get an Amen?

• Thank you so much for this. Another word I needed to hear. I've been getting all kinds of support these days from other people and places with my own situation. I've been picking myself up lately and this was another boost. One thing I've been reminding myself of each day is the quote that says "Stop worrying about people that aren't worried about you."

This Take is one of the best ever written on GaG🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

• Great My Take @ariadneR. You were spot on with your comments. Things happen for a reason and the sooner people come to terms with that at the end of a relationship, then they can start the next chapter of their lives 😊

• They say you shouldn't pin your happiness to a single person, but they never walk you through the steps... this is a well-written MyTake, and it has popped up for me right as i needed it.

• there's this situation I put myself in that I honestly have my heart & dick telling me too go for it while my loved ones, people who genuinely care about & my brain telling me now to stop it bit fuck why do I still want to ignore all that just too end my loneliness for the moment with some who doesn't care for me help me understand why I still feel the need too ignore all logic

• Very good My Take. Only one thing I take issue with. It's "mistakes will help us find the right person someday." But in the case of many men, we can never find anybody. It is impossible.

• Good mytake. Though my farts tend to linger, in direct proportion to the attractiveness of the next person who walks into the room.

• Good take. Side note: love, yes; but don't stop being yourself. Remember, Donald Trump is not Melania Trump, and you are NOT your SO!

• The 'worth it' thing has nothing to do with it. But yeah, if they're not deeply and passionately into you then it's DOA. NEXT!!

• At this point, I don’t really care. If she, by the slimmest of margins, comes back, great. If she doesn’t, I don’t care.

• Problem is once I am not waiting for them to come back and don't want them back, I'm not over what happened.

• This feels so good reading but only if it was easy.

• Why worrying about a person that doesn't care about you?

• U worth to make urself happy. So, never love someone who lives for their friends and family members benefits.

• I'm going to continue waiting for them to come back

• "Vanished like a fart in the wind." Beautiful.

• Vanished like a fart in the wind lol so poetic

• wooot

• Thanks I am not waiting for no-one.

• Good take..

• Exactly could agree more.

• 🤣🤣🤣😆I'm sorry homer had me laughing

• I know:) Ty!

• BEST THING I've READ THANK YOU SO MUCH

• Well said.

• I'll make up happy

• They'll come back eventually, then just slap em

• Great take thanks

• 😢😢😢

• nope she has something I need once I get it back I will leave just fine until then she will be judged

• and I'm not waiting
      I understand what must be done
      prepare

• We hear and know all this in our head, but it doesn't change how we feel. It's all right and true, but I still think about her constantly! I'm trying to move on, not happening though. No amount of keeping busy, etc is changing it at all. It's been over a year in my case, and while it doesn't hurt as much, still hurts a lot, and still think about her every single day. And she's totally out of my life in every way.

• I’m at 3yrs.

• hang yourself? what the heck? I'ma whoop you! no ya not you're gonna get your gorgeous self back out there and let another man love you that's WORTHY OF YOU! If he couldn't see and appreciate your value baby he wasn't for you and that's ok. he's just making room for the man that will come into your life that will think the sun rises and sets just because you're in his life. Trust me, asshole men are like busses and come along every 10 minutes. you've gotta kiss a few frogs to get to your prince that's the way life works. However that's just to make sure you're appreciative of the prince once he arrives. DON'T GIVE UP! DONT LET SOME LAME UNWWORTHY MAN make you feel all is lost. For the right man, your man, the one you're supposed to be with, you'll be EVERYTHING BABY. Ask God to send him and to help you recognize him when he shows up. In the mean time focus on what kind of man you want seek out those qualities and DONT SETTLE!

• @Rleongee Mine already blew be off for a stranger he met online I’m done.

• They are coming back. I hope.

• What if they are the only person who was ever interested in me? See, I get this stuff, but the issue is they literally were the only one for me, nobody else ever wanted me, before or after.