What does it mean when you have a dream about an ex, but you weren't dreaming about memories?

This ex boyfriend of mine was my longest relationship of 6 months; He's very country and southern. I haven't spoken to him except for 5 minutes when his friend asked me if I still wanted to get back together with him, and we talked off his phone; this was about one month ago. Just last night though I had a dream where I met up with him because we have a lot of mutual friends and we agreed to workout the tension between us so when we hung out with friends we didn't want to kill each other. Some how though we ended up on a beach and we talked out everything, next thing I knew we were kissing and it wasn't a small kiss either, it was a long one and it felt like there was finally meaning and passion behind it. After the kiss I just broke down and started crying and he just held me saying "Everything was going to be okay and that we'd work it all out."(I never cried in front of him when we were together, and even when something was wrong he never held me like he did in my dream) While he was holding me though he pushed some hair back out of my face and kissed my forehead continuing saying "Everything's gonna be okay" after that we were back at his house and it was somehow now winter again, and I was talking to his mom and she said he really missed me. Then he came back into the room and gave me his favorite hunting jacket and we just cuddled on his couch with the fire going and watching movies; I'm not sure what would've happened next because I woke up.
If anyone could maybe help me on what this could possibly mean you'd be a great help! Also this is good to know, I'm now dating another guy, who is similar to him, but is at the same time completely different.

• I miss him
  • Don't bother with it

1318

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) To dream about your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend or ex-husband/wife, that you and your ex are fighting/kissing or that you and your ex got back together again suggests that something or someone in your current life is bringing out similar feelings you felt during that relationship with your ex. The dream may be a way of alerting you to similar behavioral patterns in your current relationship. What you learn from that previous relationship may need to be applied to the present one so that you do no repeat the same mistakes. Alternatively, you may be reflecting on the positive experiences and good times that you shared with your past love. Dreams of getting back together with your ex or of your ex wanting to get back together with you may not necessarily be a reflection of reality. This dream may be triggered by some major change in your current relationship and how far you have come from those past relationships.

2) To see the beach in your dream symbolizes the meeting between your two states of mind. The sand is symbolic of the rational and mental processes while the water signifies the irrational, unsteady, and emotional aspects of yourself. It is a place of transition between the physical/material and the spiritual.

3) To dream that you are crying signifies a release of negative emotions that is more likely caused by some waking situation rather than the events of the dream itself. Your dream is a way to regain some emotional balance and to safely let out your fears and frustrations. In your daily lives, you tend to ignore, deny, or repress your feelings. But in your dream state, your defense mechanisms are no longer on guard and thus allow for the release of those feelings that you have repressed during the day.
    (will continue in next post)

• 4) To dream that you are kissing your ex indicates that you are looking back on the positive experiences and good times that you shared with your past love. This dream may be triggered by some major change in your current relationship and how far you have come from those past relationships.

5) To dream that you are cuddling with someone indicates your need for physical and/or emotional contact. Do not overlook the obvious meaning of this dream which suggests your heart's desire for that particular person. Also consider the symbolism of that person you are cuddling with and determine how you need to acknowledge, accept, and unify those qualities in yourself.

• 6) To dream of winter signifies ill-health, depression, and misfortune. The dream may be analogous to how you are feeling - emotionally cold and frigid. For some, winter may mean a favorite time of the year signaling the holiday season of fun, joy, togetherness and giving. Alternatively, winter is a time of reflection and spiritual

source:(dreammoods)
      dream dictionaries are very helpful