My ex boyfriend said Im nothing without him?

I was looking at his tweets and he tweeted "she ain't s*** without me, but i don't want that"

Since I broke up with him he's been tweeting stuff about me negatively, not directly @ing me tho but I KNOW they're about me.

Apparently he regrets going out with me, I feel like he's just mad since I broke up with him. And its really immature because thinking back I've done nothing to him for him to feel like the way he does. And even if I did why didn't he ever tell me while we were dating. If anything, Im the one that should be angry.

Im trying to not let this get to me, but its upsetting that he regrets me and he's being rude.

47

Most Helpful Guy

• His behavior reflects a person with a dominant and proud personality.
    In a sense, breaking up with him was a slap to his ego because he got dumped.
    Even if he wanted to break up, he would prefer to be the one dumping you instead. Since you beat him to it, he is now left with an injured ego - and all his friends know he's been dumped.

The only way he knows to heal this is to berate you. Essentially saying that you are nothing without him, and that you are the one who needs him - not vice versa. The worse you feel, the better he feels.

I have no doubt that he's probably spying on your twitter/facebook in some fashion. Maybe checking it, or asking friends about it.

The best thing you can do is to IGNORE his tweets. He wants you to feel bad. So instead, post/tweet about your awesome day and keep things positive. You do not need to acknowledge his angry/spiteful tweets to retaliate. All you have to do is show you're happy with your decision and that you've moved on.