My ex boyfriend said Im nothing without him?

I was looking at his tweets and he tweeted "she ain't s*** without me, but i don't want that"

Since I broke up with him he's been tweeting stuff about me negatively, not directly @ing me tho but I KNOW they're about me.

Apparently he regrets going out with me, I feel like he's just mad since I broke up with him. And its really immature because thinking back I've done nothing to him for him to feel like the way he does. And even if I did why didn't he ever tell me while we were dating. If anything, Im the one that should be angry.

Im trying to not let this get to me, but its upsetting that he regrets me and he's being rude.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• His behavior reflects a person with a dominant and proud personality.
    In a sense, breaking up with him was a slap to his ego because he got dumped.
    Even if he wanted to break up, he would prefer to be the one dumping you instead. Since you beat him to it, he is now left with an injured ego - and all his friends know he's been dumped.

The only way he knows to heal this is to berate you. Essentially saying that you are nothing without him, and that you are the one who needs him - not vice versa. The worse you feel, the better he feels.

I have no doubt that he's probably spying on your twitter/facebook in some fashion. Maybe checking it, or asking friends about it.

The best thing you can do is to IGNORE his tweets. He wants you to feel bad. So instead, post/tweet about your awesome day and keep things positive. You do not need to acknowledge his angry/spiteful tweets to retaliate. All you have to do is show you're happy with your decision and that you've moved on.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• The guy is obviously feeling insecure in his manhood that you broke up with him. He probably can't accept the fact a woman dumped 'him', when 'he' is so awesome and women obviously need him.
    I would ignore him. Don't take the bait. All you'll do is play into his insecurities and anger.
    Be the better person. He is immature and needs to exposed to the realities of being the one dumped.

1|0
    0|0
  • Arrange to meet him for a coffee and tell him he's right, then introduce him to your boyfriend.

1|0
    0|0
    • LMFAOOOOOOOOOO, this is funny

• Just being honest. Be like bugs bunny, "err. What's up doc?"

• If you're from Canada, I'm willing to be part of the charade, I fucking love drama. I once sat through the entire set of Twilight!

• Thats how my ex was with Twitter hahaha such a bitch move.. Id tweet "wish he wasn't short with me in our relationship.. and in other ways as well.." And see what he says hahaba

1|0
    0|0
  • I know it feels shitty. And I know that know matter how much people on here tell you not to worry, if you keep reading things, it's going to make you feel upset. You try not to let it get to you, but there's this slight burning feeling inside. He does not fully understand why you broke up. there's a void inside where he feels kind of like the rugs been pulled out from under him, so he retaliates. He says he regrets you because he does not understand the break up. In amicable break ups, both parties understand why. Does that mean it doesn't hurt -- no, it still hurts, but at least there is enough understanding of the other's position that there remains a sense of respect. It's all a learning experience for the both of you

1|0
    0|0
  • what can you do? just leave him in the past where he probably belongs

0|0
    0|0
  • ignore and move on. you ended it with him so it should be easier for you to just move on.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• He's trying to bring you down to his level. If he didn't care he wouldn't be tweeting about you at all. He obviously hasn't moved on and it doesn't sound like he actually regrets you. He's just being stupid. Don't worry about it! Looks like you dodged a bullet anyways!

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't let it get to you honey, that just means he's feeling insecure about himself and he isn't a real guy. Any real guy would take it like a man and stop spouting lies and immature words on a social media site. He's just a douche bag. Now when you get a new guy you can finally look back and say "what did I ever seen in a immature kid like you?" . Always work trust me [:

1|0
    0|0
  • yOU SHSOULD INTRODUCE HIM TO YOUR your new bf if u have one and like make him feel jelly

0|0
    0|0
  • He's just bitter. You can just ignore his tweets though

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes