Why is my ex bf being so cruel to me?

My ex and I have known each other for 16 years. dated for 81/2 yrs. He left me a year ago. I went no contact for about the whole year. I was pretty devastated. He then started to get in touch with me.

Fast forward to now. We recently slept together a few times. He has made it clear he still has feelings for me. I've been pretty casual about it because I don't want to pressure him & he's in school full time. Sunday I was at a concert by myself & he texted me asking to help him watch his dog. I told him where I was & he flipped out on me.

He said I'm doing "gay ****" all the time. that all his friends are there for him & I haven't been & that he'll never ask me for help again. I was shocked cause I'm always there. Even after everything that's happened between us."Youre clearly moving on & doing stupid ****. I'll do my thing, you do yours, whatever it is this time" he's ignored me all month. His response was he's busy with work & school & his bands.

Then he says "I'd always be there for you if you asked, you have not been. I told him I'd help him & like an idiot left the concert. he stopped answering his phone & was like "I have **** to do bye my phones dyn" so I said "thanks for making me feel like a one night stand, the nights we spent together actually meant something to me. I'm not moving on I'm in love with you asshole" haven't talked to him since.

Whats his problem? All cause I went to a concert? Any men out there that can tell me why he's so cruel. I feel like a sucker.

37

Most Helpful Guy

• That's some very immature bullshit on a lot of levels...

I'll cut to the chase: He thinks you're at his beckon call. "Men" like that are more child than adult. I understand you have feelings for him, but you need to understand you deserve better. You went a year with no contact... you should have stayed that way. Get rid of the controlling jerk & upgrade to a better man.

• That's the first thing I thought. I'm just supposed to sit at home and have no life until he needs me. I've been reading up on narcissism & he is the absolute definition. It sucks that he can treat me this way after years of knowing each other. Shoukd have stayed no contact.

• Live & learn.

Drop the douchebag & go find a better man.

Most Helpful Girl

• He is controlling, likes to have you at his beck and call and demands that you only think and see him without doing anything for yourself, or enjoying yourself.

We call that an abusive relationship here.
    You're better off without him and you should move on.
    Why keep that sort of negativity in your life, and fuck knows what lies he's told his friends about you, screw that.
    The sooner you get rid of him, the better it will be for you. He is using the fact that you're not completely over him to hurt you, for some perceived reason that only he can probably see.

• Thanks. I'm glad I posted here. It's all I think about. Thinking I'm the bad person..

• You're not, he's in the wrong, not you. Don't let him make you feel like that.