Why is my ex bf spreading all my secrets I ever told him and abusing me? he's 19 btw?

My ex boyfriend and I had an on and off relationship. He was always verbally abusive even when we weren't dating and were just in the pre dating phase. Anything happens and thats it-blocked! He would call me a slut, bitch and, u get it.
He never cheated on me as such, but i never trusted him cause he was always so mean to me, i wondered if any other girl make shim feel better than i do. Hence i was very jealous and possessive and kept many rules on him. I didn't like him smoking cigarettes or hukkah or weed and all that. I didn't like him drinking. I didn't like him flirting or even being sweet with any girl. I didn't like him watching p*rn or anything remotely sexual, like even TV ads because i just didn't trust him. I felt he is always thinking dirty about other women and jerking off on them. I felt hed cheat on me with his own SISTER!
I was close to losing it, so i broke up. We had a very physical relation too.
After the break up, for around 2 months [november 1 to jan 1 2015] we had a lot going on. We met once, kissed, didn't patch up, fought, abused etc.
Now whats happened is, he has started spreading all my secrets to everyone. Example he knew some of my FAMILY secrets which if spread, can seriously harm us. But he told it to a girl who HATES me, and his justification was "since ure crazy, i wanted to tell her ur family is fucked up hence ure screwed in the head". WHAT?
He told another girl that i hate her.
And the latest and worst development is, a girl she's a SLUT i mean when i was dating this guy, she used to stick to him, she has a bf too by the way, and now that we're broken up, she sticks to him even more. She hates me. He hates me. So they teamed up. He told her all my secrets, anything i ever said against her to him, and vice versa [even she told him about me]. And now she thinks she's better than me.
He told me i will never succeed in life. She told me she's better cause she has a bf and all this has taken a toll on me. WHAT DO I DO?

Red_arrow, And Tdieseler, thanks for putting the truth in front of me. It is definitely all my fault.
But now, i can't just have this ruining me. Im going to leave the country in another 6 months, im moving. So maybe then i can just get away from all of this. New place, fresh start?
by the way, if he has my secrets, family or personal, i have his too. But im not going to go around spreading rumors, I shouldn't right? I should ignore him and let it be, right?
Thanks Opinion Owner :) Will do.
I have never been this careless in my life, i will just move far away from this place and never look back. I learned a lesson too.

02