Should I tell my ex I know she cheated?

We broke up for seemingly other reasons, but now I feel like she made them up because she was feeling guilty. I found out through a friend that she had been cheating on me. We haven't talked since the breakup and I'm wondering if I should write her a letter telling her that I know? I don't want her to think that I care... just that I know and I'm disappointed.

• Yes tell her with a letter
  • Yes but tell her some other way
  • No don't tell her at all
    Vote C
Thanks for everyone's opinions. We had already planned to meet up to swap our stuff so I gave her a letter then. It basically just said I know what you did and I'm disappointed. Short and to the point. No emotion. 3 hours later she texted me asking who told me and then another text saying never mind. I have been in NC ever since. We'll see if she comes crawling back but I kinda doubt it at this point

612

Most Helpful Guy

• It wouldn't serve any point to contact her just to tell her you know she cheated, what would it change if you guys are already over with? If she contacts you and tries to get back together than tell her you know she cheated but if you go out of your way and contact her just to be like.. " hey by the way I found out you cheated on me and that's messed up" your just starting a fight. She's mostlikely going to deny it until you provide proof or somthin. You should've said somethin whenvyou two were still dating. That's like buy new rims after your car was stolen lol!

What Girls Said 6

• What would be the point?

• definitely talk to her about it! randomly bring it up with some facts in a convo... no denying to your face for sure

• If you feel you need to get it off your chest go ahead, you deserve that much.

• yes, but not in an angry way.

• I think face to face would be best. Or over the phone, text so you can get a reply.

• If she knows you're dissapointed then she'll think you care.

What Guys Said 11

• Your relationship is over so technically so there's no reason to bring it up.

Let's day you did bring it up anyway: you would gain nothing from it and she could twist your words against you. Then you end up feeling more like shit because you possibly could feel guilty for something she ended up doing.

I say the damage has already been done. She knows she's wrong for it - that's why she broke up with you. Walking away from it means you're the bigger person who didn't lose your self-respect.

• I would slut shame that bitch. A guy I know from my town made up about 500 posters with his girlfriends face, a warning sign about how she is a cheat and has warts around her anus. They were pasted alllll over town lmao. I think she had to move away in the end.

• why. to what purpose and to achieve what.

what is done is done.

get on with your life, and let her get on with hers.

• Karma is a bitch, if she screwed you over trust me something or SOMEONE will do it to her and she'll say something to you. And that's all you'll ever need to know or hear.

• Why bother... that ship's sailed... let the sleeping dog lie (literally) hahaha

• You guys broke up. Just leave it. Unless you wanna have revenge or something. then rub it in her face. If you didn't wanna acomplish anything and just want her to know... i would say just leave it.

• of course you should. if you have any self pride or dignity. and tell her to her face so u can see her reaction. ps. its proven girls cheat more than guys do. google search that

• I really don't see why you feel the need to tell her. You're just going to make the situation worse. Who cares if you know or not, she certainly won't.

• get her back first!

• Wait until the day she inevitably comes crawling back after the new guy fucks her over. Then you can say, I know what you are and I know what you did. You are useless scum and you got what you deserved. Then walk away.

• Dudeeeee come on. You have to do something better than a letter. You have to rub it in her face. Now that you know it was a whole lie.

• If I do that she'll know she somehow meant something to me. I've learned from experience that making the girl think she meant nothing is the best way to handle this situation.

• Yeah, I've thought about that. Funny thing is that she already texted me yesterday saying that I deserved to be treated with honesty and respect when we broke up. So she's just going to continue to lie about it.

• You should be reply back yeah I should I just wished you would of told me the true story