My ex only contacts me when she needs a favour, she never directly wants to speak to me, I reply because im friendly should I start ignoring her?

Hi, quick back story me and my girlfriend broke up 2 months ago, it wasn't a bad break up it was probably the nicest/cleanist break you could possibly have. We were together for a couple months, things were going well and then she started acting distant not returning calls etc, making excuses, this dragged on for like 2 months until it got to the point where we spoke about it and we broke up.

I really cared about her tbh and it does suck that we broke up but i don't chase people EVER, so once she said she didn't want to be in a relationship i said it's fine no worries we can be friends, i have no bad feelings about you or anything so it's cool and moved on, never made a effort to contact her after that chat just tried move on really. She seemed quite suprised by how cool i was with us breaking up and how little emotion i showed but tbh it did hurt but i have self respect for myself, i didn't do her wrong in any way i treated her nicely and with respect, she chose to act distant for whatever reason and didn't want to be in a relaitonship anymore so i accepted it and kept it moving. I guess she thought i would maybe beg or whatever you know how some guys are but i will never do that i just accept things and move on.

Anyway since then she texts me every now and again but it's always with some sort of aim besides wanting to talk to me directly, i mean i said we could be friends after the break up but every time she would text me she would stop replying after a while so i just left it. She would message me like maybe once every 2 weeks since we broke up like randomly asking for something like it would start of like hey how you doing then a few texts down the line its a request like can you get your friend to give me a lift etc or another time it was can you help with a job or something. Today she messages me this long text again saying i should thank my mum for helping her with this assignment, i will tell my mum but is this text even worth a reply....

I mean i have no problem speaking to her, if she was like hey whatsup i would make conversation with her, but don't message me randomly asking for favours and for me to do stuff for you, if you want to talk let's have a conversation if not they don't message me simple. I usually reply because i'm friendly and then she stops replying after a while but now i'm thinking of just ignoring the message tbh, it's kind of wasting my time you know.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• YES. Ignore her! I don't associate with people who only want to be around me when they need help. She can't have the cake and eat it too, you need to point that out to her.

• Thing is i have no problem with her or rift with her so i kind of reply to be friendly. I mean if i hated her guts i would block her number, the first time it was like cool second time i started noticing the trend now this 3rd time has got me like seriously. But i feel like maybe i should reply to keep stuff friendly an cool, if i don't reply i don't want there to be some bad blood between us like her seeing me and giving me the evil eye etc. But tbh there is only so much i can take tbh like she sent me a message that doesn't really deserve a reply, it's not a conversation starter it's more of an instruction so maybe i should just leave it as it is and ignore the message

What Girls Said 3

• Ignore her

• Yes it is just ignore her.. You're welcome.

• If you truly were a good boyfriend, she probably knows that she screwed up by breaking up with you and is maybe hoping that you will ask for her back? This last text isn't worth a reply. I'm pretty sure the reason she's keeping in contact is to keep her memory refreshed in your head to prevent you from moving on. Your reaction, or lack of, probably bugged her. Every time you do her a favour or even reply, you are stroking her ego by showing she still holds importance. Be friendly to yourself and cut her off.

• She is just using you, Ignore her

What Guys Said 1

• It seems to me like, she's not only using you, but
    Realized she made a bad decision, and doesent
    Know how to get you back,,
    The thing about break ups is that when there's
    Always one of the two in the relationship, that doesent want to completely let go, and ends up being hurt,, maybe, she's just sticking around
    To see if your with someone else,,
    If you dont have feelings for her no more,, confront her, let her know, that you dont have time
    To be playing her game, anymore.

• You reckon, tbh i'd be suprised if she was the one who doesn't want to let go but i guess all this messaging me is kind of a sign. I mean she did break up with me so i'm guessing it's only me that has to do the letting go as she already wants to let go as she chose to break up, i've cut the strings already as soon as we broke up i let go and moved on. I'm only really responding to her messages at the minute i never initiate contact with her, but tbh maybe she really does want me to do her favours and tell my mum thanks maybe that's just it and nothing else and i'm over thinking it.

Tbh i know if i was messaging my ex asking her stupid little questions like that it's for a purpose like i want to speak to her etc but i just can't imagine her wanting that becuase she never makes conversation it's always favour or request with her.

• Look buddy,, I just went through a break up,
      My x probably met someone else, at firstvit was tuff for me, but as time went on I started to do my thing,, I stopped texting her,,
      And every week she would text me stupid stuff
      Too, she told me that maybe later on we could
      Get back with each other,, I just ignored all this,, the more you ignore a girl the more they big you,,
      Since she broke up with you,, she can't stand that
      You took it calmly,, it makes her feel like if you didn't care in the get go,, girls expect us to go crazy
      It makes them feel good about themselves (not all
      Just 75%)

• Yeah yeah true, she did say all of that i hope we can get back together in the future crap when we broke up aswell, it's all rubbish man i'm just going to ignore it.