What do you do when you cross paths with an ex?

Specifically an ex you never want to see again?

It happened to me at a small concert. Before the show began I saw her out of the corner of my eye. I try to avoid her, but she saw me. She yelled my name out and grabbed my side very aggressively, pinching and scratching me in the process. She was surprised to see me and told me I was the person who got her into the band that was playing. I didn't like her grabbing me like that. I just told her yeah that's cool, and disappeared into the crowd.

normally is it better to make small talk with them, or just avoid at all costs?

64

Most Helpful Girl

• Ugh. I hate it when that happens. I just walk away quickly
    But sometimes, he actually calls my name over and over again. So I have to talk to him...

What Girls Said 5

• I avoid mine at all costs and act like he doesn't exist. I just keep on walking and never look back. I treat them as if they are invisible and don't exist.

• I moved countries, so I never have to see any old fuckers from my home city ever again.

static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Peter_01636c_855043.gif

• It's nice to be polite.

• Well actually both my last ex's I've seen in the past 2 weeks. and one I slapped as he broke my heart, and the second one I got into a punch on with him as he started calling me names because I dumped him

• Ignore them. They are not important in your life anymore. Treat them like joe bloggs

What Guys Said 4

• Avoid if you can, however if you can't, engage in small talk without making a scene, but keep trying to get away...
    That's what I have to do with one of my ex's after 15 years...
    Hope this helps..

• You're master of your own universe. I would say it's better to make small talk because you might run into them later and getting away from them might be out of your control. You don't want any awkward feelings and you might want to hook up with >1 later.

• Well, I believe people should be friendly with their ex's, but not necessarily their friends. I'm polite and friendly, but I generally don't hang out with them.

• I keep it polite. If it was a particularly bad breakup, I'll also keep it short, with non-engaging answers that leave the conversation nowhere to go.