Meeting with my ex-girlfriend tomorrow?

I'm seeing my ex-girlfriend for the first time in 2 1/2 months tomorrow. I'm kind of nervous as to what will go down. We talked on the phone earlier this week to set a meeting date which ended up being a 2 hour long phone call catching up. I do like to talk to her but for old time sake, we dated for 1 1/2 years, I loved her to death... then she dumped me. "She wanted to have fun". I haven't ever contacted her, but she has a few times about random subjects which I can tell are just an excuse to talk to me. We were really close, and every time I'm on the phone with her it feels like we never ended it. We just talk about what we're up to, and she brings up her friends recent relationships, it doesn't bug me but feels like she is trying to say something else. She wants to meet to ask and talk further about being friends. She says she really cares about me still, and really misses me. And I do too, but I still love her, the feeling isn't gone. She told me over the phone that she wants to be on good terms with me, and I'd be fine with that too, but friends I don't think I can do that. She texted me two days ago sending a funny video saying "this is you" which was funny. I want to be nice but don't want to lead her on thinking we can text all the time and that we're going to be good friends. I didn't respond, then she sent me a text the day after saying "you didn't thing that was funny? Cmon I think I deserve a response." I just don't want to start a convo with her only to tell her tomorrow that I can't be friends with you. I think I'm going to tell her that I still have romantic feelings for you so, being friends just isn't a good idea. What else should I say? And what should I do about the text messages?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Be honest with her and tell her you still love her and spending time with her is too difficult for you because the hurt is too much at this time. Tell her that you still need time to get past the break up before you can be friends with her. That's only fair and understandable. My ex wanted to be friends too but I loved him and being around him just was too much for me to handle. Being friends just wasn't an option. Maybe she is starting to see that having "fun" really isn't that fun. If she try's to recencile tell her you would love that but that you need to make sure that she is in 100% and that she is really ready to be in a long term commitment and is ready to take being in a relationship seriously.

What Girls Said 2

• See what she has to say tomorrow. If she doesn't straight up tell you she wants you back, then you gotta tell her straight you're cool with being on good terms, but CANNOT be friends and talk every so often. This will not help you get over her. You have to be a little selfish, too. Do you want her to talk to u about dates she goes on with guys and parties she's hit up? No. Be calm and don't overthink it. If she wants you back as a boyfriend, she will tell you when she sees you.

• If you can't be friends then what's the point of even meeting? Just cut it off

What Guys Said 1

• better b str8-forward bro...