How long does it take for guys to forgive someone?

How long does it take for guys to forgive someone? Last Saturday I said some really hurtful things to my ex, I've apologized multiple times and he said he just needs time to get over it. Since then he hasn't talked to me, I'm worried that he's never gonna forgive me

11

What Guys Said 1

• i always try to forgive and move on asap. I figure that if you've known someone for long enough, whether it's in a relationship or friendship, it's not worth it to hold grudges and/or end contact with the person. obviously there's certain things that might be too hurtful to get past, but whenever possible might as well move forward and put it behind u. life's too short to stay p*ssed off for so long.

What Girls Said 1

• Some people get over things quicker than others. How long forgiveness takes is contingent on the person, it might take a day, week, month or later. You did the best thing by apologizing to him and I am sure he knows you're sincere. The best thing to do now is give him his space, stay busy and let him come to you. I know it would bring you solace to know he has completely forgiven you and all is well. However, give him his time and I am sure he will contact you again.