Having a problem with boyfriend's ex girlfriend...please help!

My boyfriend's ex girlfriend keeps texting him and talking to him on Facebook and stuff like that, and I've tried really hard not to let it bother me, but it's really starting to tick me off. He says that he only still talks to her because he doesn't want to lose her as a friend, but what's bothering me is the fact that he told me that she got angry when she found out that I was dating him. This would make you think that maybe she still likes him and is trying to get him back, right? Well then I find out that she has a boyfriend! Will someone PLEASE explain to me why in the world you would give a crap about your ex dating someone else unless you still liked them?!?! I once went through a terrible break-up, and I kept texting him and stuff, but I got over it! The fact that she is dating someone else tells me that she is over it, so why does she care?! The reason they broke up in the first place was because she cheated on him... It's just really bothering me, someone please give me advice! Sorry about how long this is by the way...

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry, your explanation isn't very long and it's very detailed. I love the good explanations like this. First off, it looks like they both still like each other. Well, at least to an extent. I don't think that he likes her as much as she likes him. I can tell that it's really bothering you, though. If I were in your situation, here's what I would do:

I would take him aside or something--or whenever you talk next time--and tell him how you feel about the situation... "You know... I have a problem. Your ex-girlfriend seems to really dislike me and it looks to me like she still wants to date you. I feel hurt and uncomfortable %sub more feelings% when this happens. If this continues to happen, will it make our relationship better or worse? Do you want our relationship better or worse?"

Note: Remember to use "I" messages.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• Ask your boyfriend to break all contacts with his ex girlfriend through Facebook, telephone, etc. His ex obviously does still have feelings for him.