Should I message my ex and tell her how much she hurt me?

I had an on again off again relationship with this girl over the years and she hurt me badly in the end.
She made it clear to me with her actios that she moved on, especially considering that she's already married. I had no choice but to move on as well and distance myself from her as much as possible. It got to a point where I removed her from facebook, Skype and stopped following her on twitter.

Oddly, she messaged me back one day and still wants to keep in contact with me for whatever reason, as a friend of course. Her recent actions threw me off though. we did eventually chat again and she apologized over her actions. I'm the type of person who forgives but doesn't forget. believeing that "it's all in the past" is easier said than done to me. I'm mixed about this. On the one hand I cherished the moments we had together, on the other hand I'm kind of bitter about the past yet at times miss her company. Regardless I've accepted that she moved on and so have I.

I understand she still wants to keep in touch, but seeing her online showing off her photos on facebook and bragging about how great her life is now just makes me feel uncomfortable and because of this I've been distancing myself from the site.

Over the last few months I wondered if I should tell her how much she hurt me. tell her things from my POV of what happened, acknowledge my mistakes as well, and maybe find some kind of closure from all this so i can finally move on with my life. I only wanted to talk things over with her as friends so she could understand what I went through. She may have shrugged off the breakup as if it was nothing but her actions back then broke my heart and I really needed some time to heal.

Is it even worth talking to her about finding closure or should I just let it go?

53

Most Helpful Girl

• There will never be closure if at times you miss her company. Is she whom you've always thought the most about? If so, your still in love and it will never end. The past is the past, and people change, things change, life goes on, but through that, if she's what you still see... That closure your looking for is maybe a way of saying your wanting to go, BC you see her happy and your trying not to hurt still. If she was sincerely sorry, she meant it.. If she apologized, you apparently already talked to her about it. You wouldn't be asking others, if you weren't still in love with her. If she moved on fast, there's a reason, maybe you hurt her, and if she messaged you back.. You messaged her 1st? Sounds like love.. Sorry. :( Go get her back. Don't give up. It might be worth it!

• I sometimes just get nostalgic over the girl i mentioned in the post since she was my first girlfriend. She's already married though, so there's no point to getting her back. whatever I did in the past, I goofed up somehow. I just question why she bothers to keep in touch with me as a friend. I currently have a girlfriend and have done my best to move on.

• I don't think of my first love, I actually feel I was NVR with them, and I got prego with his baby at 14. It was my second, that seems like my first, and my 3rd I married BC NY 2nd left me out of no where... N contacted me n brought me back into his life 8 years later.. N for those 7 months, he broke up with me 3 times... N I begged. Married or not if she wants to stay in contact, she still loves you. You NVR know until you try. You don't try, you'll NVR know. If your with someone else, you shouldn't be wanting closure and talking to her, if you weren't second guessing your choices. She moved on BC u hurt her. I'll NVR gave closure with my x, last time I tried I ended up so much more broken..

• You think of her daily? Miss her daily? Hate seeing her with someone else? Go get her, she denies you keep trying. I denied my husband for a year. He's got me now.. For not giving up.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if it's worth it since it's long in the past, but do it if you think it'll make you feel better. Just don't act as if you're confronting her.