How to get over being betrayed and how to start trusting again?

Long story short I was betrayed, stabbed in the back, and emotionally blackmailed by 3 of my freinds in my social small circle. We were tight and close freinds until a drama queen joined us. Started dating my close guy freind and turned 2 of my female freinds against me. I'm only left with 2 other freinds from that group. They have no idea how bad it was cause they were kind of shielded from most of it by me. In the last 2 weeks I did not include them or invite them to hang out other than our usual meet.
Anyways I have found that I can't really trust anyone anymore. Every one is unreliable and no one is true to their word. Heck one freind left me waiting in front of his house to pick him up. I was left sitting there when he changed his plans. No one has proven themselves worth of trust. I wanted to trust them but they can't even be somewhat reliable.
I live in a small town and there is not really any one else that I can be freinds with. Were the only young adults around. So just changing freinds won't work.

11

Most Helpful Girl

• just wait for the one who will teach you to trust again

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• The first thing you should do is act like and adult and do what you can to try and explain the situation with your old friends. If they continue acting immature then it's best to move on to new people. It may seem like there is no one left in town but you'll just have to be awkward and meet new people. I think that communication is the most important part of any relationship and if they can't do that then at least you can feel good and say that you tried. When you meet a new friend it is good to not get super personal in case something like this happens again, but you'll just have to trust people. Love isn't a thing, it's just something you know is there. You can't know for sure what situation you can trust someone you'll just have do or don't. There will always be someone who you can talk to or care for you, and that's excluding counselors because usually they cost money, but they are also good to talk to if needed.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well I did explain it to my 2 old freinds. We still hang out on the same night. The ones that betrayed me I don't see anymore. Well there are some but honestly I have not seen anyone my age anywhere else but at school. It seems like all the young adults just don't go out.

• I don't go out much either. I'm glad you have a couple of people to call friends. That's all you really need. If you want to spend more time with them then it's up to you to plan things. You can't always rely on others to make the first move. Same goes for going out and meeting others, or trying to make new friends at school. Sorry for what happened by the way, but hopefully it will help you become stronger.