My ex doesn't want to be with me but he calls me drunk.

My ex says he doesn't want a relationship with me but two weeks ago he said he still loved me. A week ago he said he didn't and he wasn't interested. I have been limiting contact with him. I spoke to him online on Thursday and then he rang at 3.07 sunday morning saying what's wrong with you, you haven't phoned for three days but didn't mention anything about loving me or being together. He doesn't contact me in sober and when I speak to him always seems off with me. I begged him to get back with me for just over a month. Is he playing games or does he miss me. He's told me that he contacts his ex's in the past.

Also, I don't know whether the no contact thing is annoying him or whether he is testing me but he would always speak to me online when I spoke to him and a couple of times he has just gone offline straight away.
I know I shouldn't do but I ask him if he is ignoring me and today he said no. He said that I was too needy in our relationship and he didn't want to deal with my anxiety problems. He has put up with a lot of text message terrorism.
A couple of times last week I contacted him like 10 times on two occasions. Why does he put up with it if he doesn't love me?

64

Most Helpful Girl

• I say yes he is still interested- his true feelings are coming out when he is drunk. Yes he quits calling you as a test- my ex does this to me as we4ll. And like you, I limit contact, and like you, I begged him to take me back, and he also tells me he still loves me. I think it is a game. Kee4p with the limited contact, you have done your part and told him you want him back. I say he likes the attntion you were giving him, and when you don't call he gets mad because you are not calling him.My ex did the same, so for the sake of my sanity, I stopped calling him.

• Thanks for your comment. The only problem is a week ago he said he didn't love me anymore even though the week before he said he did......! Can I ask you what happened with your ex? Did he realise he really missed you or just the hole when you weren't there. I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks for 7 days and really hoping that will make a difference cos if he's calling me after 2 days surely he'll miss me after 7, I don't think it will ever be enough which I regret, I shouldn't have got needy.

• My boyfriend never said he didn't love me, every time I talked to him , he always ended the convo saying he loved me. Your situation is similar in that he stopped calling me but would always talk to me if I called him, and he continued to tell me to call him. I got tired of the game of always calling him so I stopped. Yes for sure he will miss you. He always misses you Hun, even if you don't talk to him. He has a lot of pride, though, like my bf, and won't make 1rst move. you might have to call him 1rst.

What Guys Said 4

• He is being childish and immature. WHy do you want to continue dealing with this? Try to find some one else. Till you find some one mature, be happy on your own.

• Some times when he feels that your relationship was better he tries to contacts you. But I personally feel if you are not interested with him its better if you keep him dumped bacause he is just playing up with u, trust me. He just wants you to feel that his relationship with you was better than the present one.

• Thanks for comment; just to clarify though as I probably didn't make sense earlier he does only ever contact me drunk. I wish I could do something to pull him towards me and not push him away. I'm trying to be laid back but keep making mistakes.

• Looking for hook up, sex with the ex

• I only call girls that I'm interested in while I'm drunk, but that's me and everyone is different.

Maybe he's hurt and can't be with you. I'm not quite sure because I'm in a similiar situation

What Girls Said 5

• booty call...straight up dude. he's trying to keep in good standing with you when he wants something...the drunkeness my be honesty...but when he's sober is what matters...i mean you don't wanna have to keep getting him drunk for him to tell you that he loves you and misses you? I think, from what info you gave...that he's more into the 'idea' of you, than actually putting up with your drama...if you just stopped the drama, I'm sure he's act on his feelings...dudes don't stand for that crap, even if they ARE in love with you...its not worth it to them...they don't care enough about ANYTHING to put as much time and effort into it as much as we do...either stop the drama, or move on!

• see..u cannot beg someone to love you back..u don't want to live in spare parts..do u?..n abt him callin his ex..all I can say is dt third person never creates ny misunderstanding btw two ppl..bt misunderstanding btw two people creates space for d third person..b dignified and never beg...remember the person who really deserves ur tears..wl never make you cry..he is confused and you shudnt b his barbie..u're YOU..so jst believe in yourself..n get over him...u can do that..u are a strong girl..hope that helps..take care..

• Thanks for your comment; just to clarify though. The ex's are in his past, he's never called them when he's been with me. He actually told me that when we were together that he would call them when they weren't together. He actually suggested deleting my number so he wouldn't be able to do it anymore but I said no in the hope that something would give and we would get back together. Like I said in my other comment I wish I could pull him towards me and not push him away.

• he's drunk and horny. don't look too much into it. my ex does this at least, twice a year, it's quite annoying. I just hang up.

• Two words come to mind when reading this: Disrespectful and Douchebag. I hope everything works out for you sweetheart. You deserve better.

• Liquid courage!