Have you ever regretted breaking someone's heart?

101103

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never intentionally planned on breaking anyone's heart. If I did ever hurt anyone's feelings, it was from being honest with mine or from being hurt by them in the first place which made me react irrationally and explode my feelings from suppressing the load they put on me. I always try my best to explain myself rationally, but if the other person isn't hearing me out and can't read between the line/is being irrational with me, I have just dropped everything and distanced myself as well as have once lashed my feelings by doing dumb actions.

• This was probably one of the most mature answers 😐

• Thank you for sharing your experiences, I really appreciate it

• Out of the 100 females that gave an opinion, thanks for selecting mine as MHO πŸ™‚ Happy to have reflected and share my experiences. Was pretty interesting to read through others too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah. A girl I had a brief fling with in college. I don't know if I 'really' broke her heart, or if I just made her despair over her assumed lack of prospects.

She was really hot, but I can see a lot of men actually disagreeing with me on that, and instead thinking the opposite was true. Again, I thought she was hot, it's just the rest of the world might not have. Anyway, she could have been a little insecure since she spent about half her life around these 'other men.'

Anyway, I fucked her. OMG she was amazing. She had one minor quirk in which she claimed not to really enjoy sex - she just wanted a lot of it. I saw it as a challenge, but on some level I was intimidated. If I had the slightest bit of foresight at the time, I would have acknowledged what gift that would be - and it could be a gift to me. But no, I let it fester and found myself getting easily frustrated by any minor annoyance of hers that I could pick up on. In the end, we were chatting over AIM (basically the 00's version of "texting") and she asked me if I still wanted to have sex with her. I fear I may have set her on the path to deducing that, yes, the entire world is full of these 'other men' who don't think she's hot, and which I failed to be a counterexample.

This isn't quite heart-break, though. And I honestly can't say any of it's true. It could be I'm not as special as I think, and I'm far from the only one who finds her ridiculously sexy. If that's the case, chances are she actually fell for me. I would actually prefer this over the former, because she needs to made to believe in how hot she is. A body like that shouldn't have an insecure bone in it (unless it's arthritic - not that that's a deal breaker, just.. you know..). Heartbreak is easy to get over. Mental trauma, less so.

But, I guess if my 'regret' is conditional, then it's not really regret. Like, they say 'unconditional love,' but that's a redundancy. If it's conditional love, it's not really love. Likewise, conditional regret is not really regret. True, my condition isn't a 'yes/no' regret, more a 'yes/absolutely,' regret, so maybe it's the threshold that counts. But that only means I'm capable of feeling more regret than I currently am, but aren't. If I'm not feeling it fully, am I really feeling it? Do we just name emotion by their principle components, and disregard magnitude? That would be a spectrum instead of a combination. But, I guess we only have so many words. Makes it easier to name them all..

• i remember AIM, but you did the best you could to set her in that path on how you see her through your eyes. Some women have a hard time getting over those insecurities, you did the best you could