- Should I forgive him and work things out?
- Leave him completely.
Most Helpful Guy
There is SO much wrong about this situation.
1. 'However, we recently broke up and got back together within a week." You should not break up unless you are really breaking up, in which case you should go no contact for the remainder of your lives (unless you have a child together.) This is just silly drama.
2. "I found on his phone (I had to use it due to mine being out of battery)" No one reading this believes that statement. You went snooping and you don't want to admit it.
3. "He had gone to her house and they had sex as soon as we broke up." You "broke up!" Remember? That means that he had no obligation to be faithful to you. The act that he would go jump on her bones so soon means that his feelings for you were not very strong, and he probably wanted to give her a poke even before you broke up.
4. "I have sacrificed so many friendships for this person" That is a very bad sign!
5. "I don't know what to do at this stage" Yes, you do know. You are just being dramatic about this.
6. "my friends and family hate him" Of course they do. You told them all the awful details and they took your side, so they hate his guts and want to set him on fire. Don't tell family and friends about your relationship problems unless you are REALLY breaking up, because they will take sides and then you will have more conflicts when you and the "ex" reunite.
7. "there's still feelings there" Yes, break ups always suck because there are always feelings involved.
8. "we both have tattoos of each other's name" Incredibly stupid thing to do. What will your next boyfriend think when he sees "Eric" on your ass?
9. Because of the tattoos, "I feel like we have to be together now." Is that really a reason to stay together? That is all it takes for you? If so, you can never break up so you might as well go marry him!
You should break up and give yourself a few years before you start dating again, but I suspect you will either stay with this guy or go find another one just like him.
Do yourself a favor and contemplate this question: How is all of this drama and nonsense going to lead you into a happy long term relationship with a guy who is worth having?4
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Girl
oooH this bothers me that people say "well you weren't dating" as if 3 years was just thrown away! heck no. I know you still like him. you feel obligated to like him since its 3 years. he lied to you about having sex with her. and seems to not think about your relationship and jumping in on his best friend. I would NOT stay with him. There is no trust in the relationship if he can't even tell you that he had sex with her. Trust is huge and he dropped it all.1