My boyfriend had sex with his ex the night we broke up; he didn't tell me until after we got back together?

I love my boyfriend very much and we broke up for 5 days anyway the day we broke up his ex girlfriend called him for a ride and he went to her house and had sex with her.He told me a month after we made up.I feel stupid and I can't seem to get over it I don't know what to do he didn't cheta but I feel he showed no respect for me by having sex with her just hours after we broke up.She is friends with some of his friends while most of his friends hate her.Is this something to forgive or do you think I should just walk away from it.I love him so much but when I look at him now that's all I think about is him having sex with her.

• Work it out with him
  • Leave him because he may still hook up with her
  • Leave and forget it
    Vote C
I just found out his best friend since they were 3 years old is getting married to her best friend so there is going to be plenty of times when him and his ex will see each other I don't think I can work this out it sucks but if she wants him back she has help from her best friend and his. :(

1614

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't have trust in a relationship, then you are missing the important benefit of being in a relationship, which is the feeling of security. I think that you should take things very slow with your boyfriend until you are over this and feel that he can be trusted again. Easily accepting that he cheated and forgiving him could be to the detriment of him losing respect for you, because it may make you appear gullible or have low self worth. Look out for yourself first by slowing things down to take precautionary measures to avoid being hurt again.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE