When does it become okay to hang out with your ex alone?

Like we used to spend time alone together, but now it seems like it's wrong although I really want to and to be it doesn't mean bad, like I wouldn't find it awkward or anything? But idk? What do you think?

79

Most Helpful Guy

• Part of it depends on if you are single or not. If you are no longer single, you need to ask your SO for permission. Normally I would say befriend who ever you want they shouldn't be able to demand you not, but would you want your SO to get friendly with their ex. If you can show him that both of you are not interested in each other and he approves great, but that is something I would respect. Same thing if he is taken except it would be with her permission.

If either one of you is taken and you have permission, do what ever you want to do as friends, but if you find you or him lying to hide what you do, step back or cancel the friendship. That is the sign of cheating or at least getting close to cheating.

If you are single, that is between you and him and how you left your relationship. Its still a little weird, but it could be 2 seconds or never.

Most Helpful Girl

• From personal experience, at first when I met up with my ex to hang out it was a bit awks but we learned to become real good friends and would see each other occasionally. Even though our feelings are still there, we just feel more comfortable now after the breakup. But I guess it depends on if the breakup was mutual or not

What Guys Said 8

• My ex approached me five years after we divorced, and we've been friends ever since, good friends, and just recently, we've been dating steadily. Our relationship is so much better, communication, interaction, supportive, love life (sex), etc.

Time heals the past, provides time to work through differences, and heal, growth, and maturity creates greater appreciation for individual change.

• it never becomes okay unless u wanna be together for the rest of ur lives and live for each other and if not... u keep hurting urself more

• When you're single. lol

• If you got a boyfriend. Never

• i was faced with this very issue yesterday morning... honestly, i made sure it didn't happen. i had an uncomfortable feeling about it. we haven't dated in 4-5ish years now.

• Are you friends if yes it is ok but there is reason they are the ex. So. You got to remember that.

• Never.

• when she is no longer my ex

What Girls Said 6

• I hand out with my ex husband no problem, even when I had a boyfriend. No sex I mean. Now that he is ex and I don't have to put up with his BS I like him.
    So it ok to have time alone with ex when it feels right

• It becomes okay when you feel comfortable with it :)

• Depends on when you stop seeing him as an ex and he becomes more of a friend.

• If you're both single it's ok

• If you're both single then it's fine.

• it is never ok