Complete the following sentence : There would be fewer divorces in this country if only people ________?

1638

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Wouldn't get married "on a whim". I know a few couples that have gotten married after knowing each other for only two years or so. I think people get married too soon and don't think it to be as binding as I think it is. Divorce isn't thought to be as shameful as it was before, so I feel like people rush to get married and the first bump they hit, they want a divorce. If course, I shouldn't generalize, a lot of people also still think that marriage is for life. But I do think a lot of people take it lightly and just hop into it. I wouldn't imagine getting married for at least three more years, we have been together for almost two years now. I really don't think you get to know a person completely in just a few years.

What Guys Said 37

• Waited for marriage

Weren't hyper sexualized

Had stable fiscal security (Not gambling, spending on unnecessary items or luxury like fast cars, or expensive clothes, jewelry, etc. and instead of spending the money they would be saving the money. A lot of divorce are from money problems. Don't spend money and you will be fine.

Both had control of their impulses, desires, and emotions. Were constructive as a team besides trying to do things on their own.

Took their relationship seriously and not as a lifetime movie, didn't make rash choices like getting married in vegas. Were mature enough to get married in the first place.

Didn't have addictions like porn, alcohol, drugs, gambling, etc.

• Communicate. Trust isn't an issue, you already married them. Love isn't an issue you already married them. The one thing I've seen that kills relationships of any kind, marriage or otherwise, is lack of communication. Why? Because it invites imagination to step in; and imagination will whisper all kinds of negative things to you. It's a wedge that gets bigger quickly and must be dealt with fast to avoid serious problems.

• if people understand what love really is and what marriage really means...

• ... would communicate more. I think this is the biggest problem, lack of honesty/communication. Take this site for example, all the questions people are asking about their partners when they should be asking and talking to THEM.

• married older, communicated better

• Didn't get married so soon. Though honestly, I don't think people 50 years ago did it better than us, because back then there was a lot more spousal abuse and arranged marriages. Sure, couples stayed together for a long time, but I'm not sure if they were all happy. I think the difference is today if people aren't happy they leave, but the married couples that sick together get along really well and do it out of choice, not societal pressure.

• Weren't so promiscuous, immoral, selfish, lustful, and would stop using alcohol as an excuse to cheat.

• were more loyal to one another

• . . . valued the things that should matter.

• Didn't get married in the first place
    media.tenor.co/.../tenor.gif

• were loyal, honest, and more cared about fixing things in their relationship. rather than ending their current one

• .. Would not get married in the first place

• were loyal

• One, if they waited years to get married, if they are patient with eachother, if they have handled finances better, and if they are able to be agreeable with the other's family.

• Weren't born.

• don't mistrust and ignore each other

• Would be happy with each other

• I'm sure this has already been said, but didn't get married?

• point blank and blunt, were loyal and honest on both sides

• never married.

• Communicated more.

• don't get married.

Marriage is the main cause of divorce ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• there is a number of things I could say to this

but if people knew the truth less divorce would happen but since people reject the truth there stupid

• knew what marriage meant.

• didn't get married.

• Would talk to each other about their problems

• learn how to love and forget how to hate

• Would not try to change each other an meet who they can except

• "discovered that they were thoroughly compatible prior to marriage"

• wouldn't divorce

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 15

• waited and married at an older age say 30. it truly helps because you have had chance to experience things and learn and grow from mistakes and something that you may have thought to be ok when less mature you find out that you grow and the person you were or possibly with wouldn't be together

• There would be fewer divorces in this country if only people open their eyes big before marriage and continue to wear their rose-tinted glasses after marriage.
    And also if people with personalities not suitable for marriage don't get married.

• Weren't lazy little shits who looked at a breakup as the quick and easy fix to their relationship troubles rather than actually putting in a bit of time and effort to actually try and resolve them.

• If people waited for marriage to have sex.

• Would stop getting married.

• We're faithful in their relationships.

• Stopped rushing

• do not get married. duh

• Were loyal

• Communicate

• wouldn't have slept around/had casual sex

• Didn't cheat.

• Didn't get married.

• what country?

• There would be fewer divorces in this country if people truly loved the person they were marrying, and loved them enough to know it all and not care. Crazy, never-ending love, not puppy love.