If you could tell your ex one last thing what would it be?

Maybe you've lost contact with your ex, maybe there's just certain things you can't tell them. But if you had one more chance to tell them something what would it be?

254538

Most Helpful Guy

• "Thank you".

Most Helpful Girl

• High school boyfriend: I know that you always insulted me then to make yourself feel better, but there's no reason to continue doing it to me now. There's a reason that I don't want any contact with you anymore.

1st serious boyfriend: I know you cheated.

Crazy armt boyfriend: honestly you have so many issues and I don't want any part in your recovery but I hope you get the help you need.

Ex fiancé: there's a whole lot of bad karma coming your way. I hope you learn to be a better person.

Grad school boyfriend: I wish we had more time, but I am grateful for what we had.

What Guys Said 537

• I would say fuckkk you!! Nah I'm kidding.

I did tell her my last thoughts via email. I said I understand you have dealt with your struggles, I hope you find true happiness and may God bless you with the true happiness you deserve one day. She never responded back to me, who knows I may never see her again (in person) or hear from her again but at least I ended things on a civil note. I realized something in life, not everything will stay the same with those you have known past or present.

Things change, people change, feelings change, life changes. You may hate that person, you may still love that person, end of the day be civil with them. If it's someone you despise, just make amends and let bygones be bygones, I know it's tough. I'm not perfect either, there are things that make me mad as well but I have to control that.

One thing I have learned is if you don't like someone, you don't have to meet them or see them or be in contact with them every day or every week. I have an older sister which I can't stand and I distanced myself from her because of her behavior, maybe I would let things be but even then I would still want a separate life and just call once every few weeks to ask, how are you doing? and that's it.

• Depends which one we're talking about.

1999 gal: Pull yourself together. Liquor is a bad crutch. Quit punishing yourself for your parents' mistakes. Yes, they divorced for selfish reasons when you were only 12. They were douches. That doesn't mean you have to turn your back on your own faith and be a non-committal douche and user of men yourself!

2001 gal: I wish you were still alive. You didn't have to OD. You could've called me up.

2005 gal: You were despicable then. But I hope you've learned from your mistakes.

2007 gal: You're pathetic.

2008 gal: You're still wrong. And I pray you find your way out of that mess some day.

2009 gal: Glad to see you again. How's life been treating you?

2011 gal: It's been a while. Has life been kind to you? I should've known we had no chance of lasting, but you can still talk to me as a friend any time. No need to keep that old drama alive.

2013 gal (we're still friends): That video's brilliant. I'm gonna have to take notes.

2014 gal: As much as possible, let's pretend that you and me never happened. Okay?

2017 gal: Where'd you go? I know being several time zones away doomed us from the start, but was any of it real? No matter. I know it was real for me. And if you want help with your company's marketing, I'd be happy to pitch in and help from time to time. That was fun, last time. #friendzonedanddontcare

Too the old former classmate I rediscovered on a county registry last night:

"I still believe in you. And you can believe in yourself again too. I won't mind a romantic relationship, but I don't require one.

I promised you once if you ever needed help getting back on your feet, or wanted a friend who'd run toward you when you're in need even as the whole rest of the world runs away from you... then all you have to do is call me up.

I made that promise 16 years ago. Even though your whole family appears to have disowned you over one stupid DUI, rest assured that I don't make promises lightly. Reach out to me, and I will do what I can to make it worth your while."

I have a history with that one. She was always hot and cold in high school. At the moment, she's under house arrest. Her supervision release is in early March of next year. She has two kids, both of them in their tweens most likely. I have no idea if she still has any custody of them or not.

Most of those who thought the world of her in high school avoid her like the plague now. Two probation violations. Takes more than that to scare me away.

• I loved you beyond condition and beyond contestation. there was a time when I would have forgone breath, so that you may breathe once more. from the tips of your elegant toes to the very recesses and darkness in your mind, I stood behind you, as your biggest fan.

there are still times today when I look up to say something and you are not there, I have woken as soon as days ago and looked for you there.

that time of love had passed, and although deep down you will always own a piece of my heart, I had to let you go.

never again have I felt such unadultered passion in my heart for another, I have although learned to love differently.

at last we spoke, after some 14 years, you asked if there was ever hope. I told you no, and as I walked away, you should know I cried. I wanted to scream yes, I wanted to hold you again. but baby the hurt has not faded, the anguish was real, your intentional actions cannot be withdrawn, nor forgotten. I have learned to forgive, but I can never forget.

I wish for you happiness and love, I wish for you peace with whom you've become.

• FUCK YOU. :)

• I don't really have anything I need to say. Most of my breakups have been mutual and due to either outside circumstances or a recognition that we wanted different things. I am on good terms with those girls.

The few where things went badly, my only desire is to not have to speak with them again. I have no need to dwell on the past.

• Love ya :)

I don't actually have an exe... she's my mer. I don't like the term ex because of the negative connotations that go with it, so I coined the term "mer." (short for forMER). At any rate, we ended on good terms, and she's still one of my best friends. I bare her no ill will and she's awesome. I still love her, if only as a friend, and I'm very happy to have been with her for close to two years.

• In the words of Genesis, "Someday you'll be sorry, someday when you're free. Memories will remind you that our love was meant to be. But late at night when you call my name, the only sound you'll hear, is the sound of your voice calling, calling after me."

• I would tell her that even though I will move forward with my life, and may eventually fall in love with someone else, there will always be a special play in my heart just for her.

• Thanks for sharing! Very sweet❤️

• It is truly the way that I feel. There are three women from my past for whom I still have find feelings though our relationships did not work out and it probably would not work if we tried again. Holding on to anger about past partners is a horrible poison for the soul and I am a much better person if I remember them fondly or at least with indifference.

• Nothing. That would mean having contact with them, and I don't want that. I like my ex's just the way they are, out of my life and the fuck AWAY from me.

• if you haven't noticed fate keeps bring us back to each other no matter how had or far I run we always seem to keep meeting at random times and every time you appear in from of my eyes my heart and head feels like it's going to explode and I see it in your eyes you have that same jittery rush where do we go from here ha tipical our own Separate ways -purple007

• "Loved you like crazy.. still do. But this isn't you. My babygirl died a long time ago. I'm actually starting to accept that now. I gave everything I had to bring you back, but your corpse fought me at every chance I had. While I know I'd like nothing more than to hear from you again.. stay the hell away from me. Find someone else.. someone who didn't know you when you were alive. Love him in death, and leave me to let go of your living identity. Soon you may come to decide once again that you need me, and though the feeling is mutual as it gets, know this..
    .. I don't."

• Wow, I see a lot of people have a grudge with their exes lol. Am I the only person who is cool with my ex because we realized that we tried hard for things to work out but circumstances and timing were in the way?

Anyway, I am not going to tell her but I will wish her happiness in my heart. Loving someone doesn't mean I have to have possession of that person.

• Goodbye. I'm sorry you decided to cheat. I tried to help you, but instead of overcoming your past like I did, you were swallowed up by it. I will move on with me life, but I wish you the best and you should know, there was a time when I really thought "she's the one".

• I'm not sure what I would tell my ex if I was still in love and wanted to keep a relationship, but in cases where I breaks up and my ex hasn't done anything wrong I would tell my ex we could be friends instead.

• Thank you for making it hard for me to trust any woman, it made me focus on myself more and I've became real successful & much better person because of that heartbreak.

• "Long live the King!" and throw them off the cliff!

• Dayuum girl! You gained weight! Wish I had some string to tie around you and pull you around like an inflatable balloon animal.

• Nothing. Everything that needed to be said was when I broke up with her. You people really need to grow up a little bit. You also dated this person, now your calling them unattractive? Like what? They may have been a terrible person to you, but that speaks volumes of your character.

• You are still and have always been the source of what's wrong with your life, own it and stop blaming everyone and everything else.

• Sorry I wasn't right when I met you. If I could meet you for the first time again I wouldn't ever let you down.

• My last ex.
    1. Why was your mom controlling and why did you not say anything to her about it?
    2. Why did you dress like you did not care how you looked? If she still dresses the same way I would ask why she does
    3. Why did you allow your mom to make fun of what I eat.
    It was a combination of both of them why I ended the relationship.
    My ex before that.
    1. Why was mom so controlling.
    Her mom had to be in control if every situation she possibly could be.
    She had to know where we were going, what we were doing, how long we were going to be. She had to call when she got to my place and left, got to mall and left mall, got to strip mall across from mall and left there, vote to restaurant and left there, bit back to my place and left there. At times her mom would ask for her to take a picture of where we were to prove we were where we said we would be. If she was 5 minutes late calling her mom would call wondering why she did not get a phone call yet. That is just one ecample. It got too overbearing.
    It was her moms fault for toobreaking up. If her mom, would relax more I believe we (me and my exl would be still together. She was fun to be around, loving, caring, very pretty etc. U u uuuuuu œuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuu u u uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu u u u u uuu u u uuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuu u uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu u uuuuuuuuuuuuu u looked u if u still u u u have u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u q

• The last thing I said to my ex was, "How do you sleep at night with yourself?".

No need to repeat it to her as I would still say the same exact thing to her.

• I'm blown away that you still have the audacity to tell me I did nothing for you and for my children after taking care of you and them for 5+ years. I was more than happy to help you at every turn. And I was more than happy to see you and the kids day in and day out. I cooked I cleaned and I took care of the children any time you asked. I even did it w/o the question because I loved you. How do you still have the brass to lie to everyone around you about what I did not do for you? Why am I your bad guy?

• I would tell her that we both failed in the marriage, but its not any reason not to move forward and try to have a happy life. Dont hold on to the anger you feel towards me, it will only hold you back. Good luck, goodbye and God bless

• hope your life is going well and I hope you're happy. of course what I'm thinking is a whole different thing

• I wish I could just tell her to stop bothering me anymore but she's always texting me again and again, and I'm conflicted because I used to care but I don't anymore. And I don't know the protocol of letting someone who has talked about suicide go. So I try to comfort her in whatever way I can, but she's not letting me go no matter what I do.
    Sorry for the long opinion

• Hahaha, it depends on the ex. The one I am trying to convert into an ex, "I never understood why you are so angry"

All the the other ones I let get away, "I have always wished I was brave enough to say I love you."

• I forgive you.

• Your a failure as a mother and your little attitude can gobble the same thick cock that produced her. Fuck you.

• I do not miss you, I miss what we had. I do not hate you, I hate what you did to me. You made me love and trust you to the point that it hurt as badly as it did when you left. It wasn't just the pain of losing you, it was also the pain of knowing that I had trusted you to the point where I would have felt the way that I did when you left. You said that you no longer loved me, but I never stopped loving you, and what is what had hurt the most.

• More from Guys
    507

What Girls Said 253

• I will never forgive you for what you've done and how much you hurt me. I will never forget the hours I waited for you to show, or how it felt to have our first anni, and my birthday forgotten.
    I will never forget you trying to get into my pants after I said NO, and you getting angry at me.
    I'll never forget you showing up drunk to our dates, asking me for money, and I will never forget the day you broke up with me, saying I was the problem.

I never gave you that second chance because you didn't deserve it one bit. I was young, I never knew what true love was and I am happy I moved onto someone new.
    My life, mental health and my heart has been better now that you're not around anymore.

• 2|3
  • I maybe hurted you now, but after 2 years of crying, trying, kissing, loving. I was like a damn rock you couldnt move away because i was always there standing still being your support but you pushed me everyday a inch away till I finally went so far away that I just knew. after 2 years I can say for the first time after all those crying nights - I chossed myself and I can't be any happyer. so please stay away because with your attitude you can't find a second girl like this. you only care for yourself so you will not understand this now what I'm saying but believe me one day you will. one day you will remember me.

• If I saw him again, it would probably be best if I didn't say anything. But if I were to tell him how I feel, I'd say, "You are right: I can do better than you, find a man who is better for me on a lot of levels, but, much to everyone's disappointment I only wanted to give myself to you. I didn't care that you were married and had a career that you always put before me. What we had was rare and enough, until my perspective shifted that is. I thought about how I could love you best, give you what you need, and make you stop trying so hard to hide who you really are from everyone, including yourself. I had to take myself out of the equation to liberate you; I helped you through a big transition in your life, but I am not what you need to be happy. And I can't be yours anymore after what happened... it was not intentional but we put ourselves in a horrible situation and I can't continue to be so vulnerable with you when I matter so little to you. I'm sorry it couldn't end without me telling your wife about the affair. You deserve someone who makes you happy holistically... if you can't mend what was broken in your marriage I hope you leave and teach your children what a healthy relationship looks like. As much as I want you back in my life, I have to accept that we both need to figure things out on our own. Be good, baby.

• Oh really so if a man cheated on you, you would leave him. Wow what a total skank sorry sweetie it's not easy for people to leave their husbands they often question why the other women did this to them knowing they were married you knew they were married and she wasn't letting go of her husband therefore you made her look like a complete fool why tell her if you knew she wasn't gonna leave you told for your own selfish matters because he didn't want you he used you for what he knew he could get out of a slut and don't think for a minute that what you did is okay don't justify it because your in the wrong just as much as him so what he was married and he cheated you still knew he was married your just as guilty sweetheart and if you were just sleeping with a random guy then so be it but with A MARRIED MAN IS DIFFERENT if I was her I would've BEAT YOUR ASS AS SOON AS I HEARD OF YOU PATHETIC ASS SIDE CHICK. And of course it struck a nerve the audacity you have justifying it all shame on u

• And what you two had was NOT RARE IT WAS A FUCKING SECRET !! Your sick and twisted I bet your as ugly as you sound

• My ex just recently told me that he still has feelings for me. And by feelings, I mean that he still loves me. So yeah, he pretty much just opened up Pandora's box on my already insane life lol.

• I regret making you my first.

• I honestly have nothing to say to my ex. I've said all I can and I'd rather not waste my breathe anymore on a scumbag like him. My time is precious and fleeting and I'd rather not spend anymore of it on him.

• That i love him and am proud of him more than He already knows, I wish he would have had a better path earlier to get to where he wanted to be in school;then we probably wouldn't even be having this conversation. The conversion skills be what colors for the flowers and flavor for the cake?

• My ex is in my life since we have a child. But I guess I would tell him that I forgive him for breaking up our family and that I wish him happiness and healing. He is my daughters father and I want her to grow up seeing the best of her father and seeing him thrive.

• I never got to say goodbye and that im sorry and i did the best i could to be a good wife. And that he was a good husband and i had a second chance and i didn't take it. And he died. And he wanted to talk to me when he was in the hospital before he died and nobody could get ahold of me and im living with regrets not knowing what he wanted too say to me. And that's been a year ago and im trying to heal. I would tell him that I love you and always will. I know in my heart he did the best he could. RIP Jeremy. im sorry.

• I would say, "Thank fuck you dumped me! I have now found my soulmate! Good riddance!"

• You were the love of my life. If I could do it over, I would've kept you and pretended I didn't know you were cheating. I've missed you all these years.

• Because of you I started to hit the gym and lost 15 pounds, my boobs and butt got bigger and I finally got my first job and moved out and finally got the dog I always nagged you that I wanted.. thank you so much. How's It living in that trailer with my best friend that you cheated on me with? Hope y'all doing well 😉😘

• "Oh hi. I'd like you to meet my husband..."

• nope, I'd have nothing to say to him.
    I mean.. he already apologized for cheating and owned up to feeling terrible for it so that whole chapter of my life is closed. I'm happy with my boyfriend and wish my ex nothing but the best I guess.

• I actually would have a chance to tell him. But I am not gonna. Though, deep down I would wanna tell him this:
    I fell in love with him quickly and my feelings never changed. I love him exactly how he is, but sometimes he annoys the hell out of me. That I never felt like he took me as a priority. That I wish he had. I would have opened him my world and he would have seen I am not just a shy goofy girl.

And last but not least; even though I love him, he has never made a thing to deserve it.

• Im Sorry for a lot of things, and I wish You would listen to Me so You would know that I take a lot of things back. We were Very bad together in The end, and it would have ended Anyways, I just regret that it ended that horribly. , but I learned from my mistakes and I Will go into life stronger and wiser and I learned from this experience to not do that again, - and for that I am forever greatful

• If its the one which was my fault:
    " I love you and i didn't mean it. if we can start all over again i wouldn't leave u no matter what. im still waiting for your presence which is why i haven't dated anyone else"
    But
    If its the one who left me:
    "Thank you for breaking us up because i have realised I am better off without you. You knew me so well that I' was getting sick of your fake love so u protected me from being more sick of your bullshit by opening my blindfold"

• that I'm sorry i lied about taking care of myself i knew I was insulin dependent but didn't take my shots because i was losing weight but in the wrong way i knew it was slowly killing me but I didn't stop i wanted to be perfect for you in a sexy shape your trophy i wanted to make you proud and make all your guy friends jealous of what we have because i only had my heart and eyes set on you but because i lied you about taking my medicine you left me you told me i was your first love your first every thing i gave you every thing you told me you loved me then you throw all my clothes into a garbage bag and told me i need to leave I'm so sorry i lied to you i cried and begged you to take me back and promised i would do better but you still pushed me away I'm on antidepressants now and I'm getting better every day i hope we can be friends still

• There's so much I would like to tell him, i'd tell him I really did love him and I'm sorry that things went down so messy... I shouldn't have pushed him so far away. That i miss him as a person more then the chaos we had in the last few weeks. That I just want him to feel complete finally, that I hope he'll reach all of his goals. I hope one day he'll realize what a beautiful person he is, inside and outside. I know that someday another woman will realize this and obviously it's going to hurt me a lot, but as long as he's happy... I just wish him the best.
    And apart of me does hope that one day he will see me as more then another face in the crowd again. I want to thank him for everything that happened because meeting him changed me. I finally have the courage to do the things I love. And even though we didn't work out, I'm glad he was my first for everything.

• That he lost an amazing person. That I miss him so much but I don't want anyone who doesn't want me and in this world it's hard to fine a good woman

• I hate you, you're fat and have a tiny penis, how dare you think you're so special that you could treat me the way you did, you didn't care how much I cried over you, you just did it anyway because you only thought about yourself and what you wanted. You're a compulsive manipulative liar and you don't deserve to be happy. I find it funny that you think you've got away with this, you haven't.

• My first ex : you my friend are a scummy lowlife loser thief and a rapist. And we both know who stole my clothing.
    My second ex: You are just a hateful person who needs to know using the "im depressed"card all the time will not get you far in life.
    My third ex: Although you left my for a woman that fitted your druggie lifestyle, got me pregnant and had you both call me a disgusting whore. You did not break me. Yes relationships harder for me now, but you did not break me. I saw you last May and then again in July and both times you looked like a fucking wreck and I looked the victor. Im going to college, you are shoving your money up your nose. I have someone who loves me, you have an ex girlfriend who is too obsessed with you to say away ( I saw how you treated her). Your chains have never broken me and never will

• I'd say to him "remember how you said nobody would accept me for who I am? And that I'm crazy? That must not be true because I'm engaged now."

• I hope he finds happiness and peace one day and goes through therapy, because I don't want other girls to experience what I experienced with him

• nothing, i dont want to give him the satisfaction of thinking i cared, he broke it off with me on my birthday in the hopes id be upset and i wasn't, i wished him luck. It was kinda funny watching him view my snapchat stories afterwards last minute thinking i wouldn't notice.

• I think I already told him what I would like to tell him when we met last time. Though I still feel so sad and broken hearted of what he has done I decided to completely stay away from him though I know he always and tried his best to go out with him again I just turned a cold heart towards him. Will never be stupid again especially if I do not really know who has his heart me or the girl he has a kid. I just decided to give him up and just be happy for where he is now and with whom he is with now. May he be happy and peaceful and enjoy his life now.

• 1st long term ex--I loved you but you just ignored me why? Why did you hit on my friend behind my back 😒you have a messed way of showing that you loved me.

Latest exish guy- I loved and accepted you completely I wish you could have loved me like I loved you. I wish you would have given us more of a chance instead of pushing me away and I wish you could have been honest with me telling how you felt either way 😒. If you weren't into it I wish you would have just said that! I can't read your mind. For some reason I'm having the hardest time getting over you even all these months later. I still want you and it hurts.

Sorry too much honesty haha

• Shut up. I wear heels 👠 bigger than your dick.

• More from Girls
    223