My boyfriend won't unfollow his ex?

I'm trying to not be unreasonable, we broke up and got back together but when we were originally together, randomly he liked his exes picture. He had previously told me she cheated on him and they broke up over a year ago. So when I questioned if he still likes her because he wasn't even following her on Instagram so he had to go on her profile to see her pictures, he said no. He apologised but I wasn't happy. We broke up over something dumb and he came back asking to be with me again, the break up had hurt me so it took a while for me to agree but while we had broken up he had refollowed his ex on Instagram, so my ONLY request for us to get back was for him to remove her because I find it disrespectful after what happened, He agreed. A few days later it's still not happened, I questioned it, he ignored it. Am I being unreasonable? I really like him but if he can't do this he obviously must still like her because I'm not asking for a huge thing.

104

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't control someone. You should know this by now. Nothing you say will make him do anything. there's a saying I live by. "A man doesn't change because a woman asked him to, A man changes because he loves that woman." It's that simple. Walk away if you don't like what he's doing and he will regret not unfollowing her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh Hell no... Babygirl he ain't done playing. Show him your a strong woman and that you don't need him. Trust me if you say... you know what I told you to unfollow her... You won't do it I don't care what your opinion is about what I'm about to do but I'm leaving you. Your not done playing yet... And I am so go ahead play your little games I'm a grown woman and I am NOT gonna chase you your the man that's your job... Your supposed to pursue me. I'm looking for someone who only ONLY has eyes for me and you don't have what I need. Leave him alone don't talk to him at all if he sees you LOOK HOT all the time... Go on a date post a selfie hang out with your girls show him you can be happy without him... He isn't responsible for your happiness... Trust me you'll put him on his knees

• Something my mamma always told me if he really loves you there's nothing he won't do to be with you. Don't roll over and beg him you stand your ground and the RIGHT man will unfollow her... Hell he isn't the only man in the world

• I really doubt a strong and mature woman cares about the people his couple follow or unfollow. Respect it is not the same as chains

What Guys Said 3

• I think no one in a relationship should tell who the other should follow or not or have as friends. That being said. Ask someone about to choose as something like that it seems more like your own problem. Because even if he accept and make it done... things will go wrong eventually.

My advice... You can't controll his life. But you can't say what actitudes (like watching her profile) you are unwilling to accept in a relationship. And if he accepts them or not.

Anyway... might hurt.. but i think that kindda actitude shows he still feels something about her ex

• don't worry.. before you she was with him... and now you are... but she is a friend... right... and he would like to keep up with her... nothing else is going on...

• omg this is so serious

What Girls Said 9

• I've always had a problem with this liking pictures business. Some girls don't care. I heavily do and it's the reason I broke up with my ex. I still love him, but he likes loads of girls pictures in bikinis including that of an ex (they were only together a month and nothing happened) still makes me uncomfortable tho.

• You're not being unreasonable. I would have several fits if my boyfriend did that. You already told him you don't like it, and he hasn't respected your wishes. He wouldn't like it if you were liking your exes pics right?

• If he insist to follow ex instagram let him... but just ask him to post ur selfie pic with him.. so at least his ex know he taken and happy with you now...

• I think you should just move on. It's not a healthy relationship.

• Break up with him. He was given an ultimatum unfollow his ex or have a relationship with you. He has not fufilled his part this means HE VALUES FOLLOWING HIS EX more than YOUR RELATIONSHIP. People who care about something don't abuse it.

• I really love to read how when someone doesn't do what you told them is being disrespectfull of them. You are not the boss of your couple to give "ultimatum"...

• I think there are other ways to show respect to someone instead of unfollowing someone. The fact that a person cares about that specific things, for me at least, is a sign of inmaturity or low self confidence.
      Dont trying to be rude.

I never cared about who my girlfriend follow or unfollow. Thats her choice and i have to respect it. Same way i would never allow her to tell me what to do on the same subject. It is a matter of trust and self confidence. You shouldn't tell someone what can and can't do based on a insecurity.

Although I know i wouldn't like it to find her watching her ex profile. So i would be straight forward and ask her why she does it and depending on the anwser i will choose what to do with MY OWN life

• Hm. Well said 🙂👍

• He likes her. Brace yourself.

• Do you follow any of your ex's on Instagram or Facebook? If you do, then you are being a little unreasonable by asking hm to do something you aren't willing to do. If you don't follow any of your ex's, then your request seems fair to me. Ask him if there is a reason he's not taking you seriously.

• Yeah he probably still likes her or has some feelings for her. I don't think you should break up over this. You should have a serious talk with him about this and then decide what to do next.

• are u serious. HE PICKED HIS EX OVER HER. He truly doesn't care about the outcome of the relationship

• @laila23 I said she should have a serious talk with him about this because she really likes him and then decide what to do next. If he still refuses to listen to her then of course she can break up with him.

It's obvious he's not taking this whole "Instagram following" thing seriously. She should tell him that she's damn serious about it and she'll leave him if he doesn't listen to her.

• I really agree with you. the chances are that he still likes her ex. And a conversation about the subject is the most mature and strong thing to do.
      I dont believe any couple should break just because the other didn't respect an order from the other and less if the matter is something as who to follow or unfollow

I totally agree with you. It seems you have good self confidence and you must be very mature. Nice to read you

• Its possible that he still likes her. He was cheated on so he wasn't the one who ended the relationship. I understand why you´re upset, but dont end the relationship just bc he is following his ex bc I could be wrong