What do guys mean when they say they HATE their ex-girlfriends?

My ex boyfriend of a year "hates" me. Things between me and him ended on a very bad note. We went out for two years but was constantly on and off, and when we did get back together, it was because I'd always cave in and make up with him. He was always too prideful to apologize (for the most part) or contact me first. So the night we broke up, we got in an argument. Instead of trying to make up the next day, we instead never spoke to each other again. Weeks, months, and a year passed by. We still make no contact whatsoever despite living within a mile of each other, and we do not acknowledge each other when we do see each other (at parties, etc).

I'm still friends with his guy friends, and they keep telling me how every time my name comes up, he would say mean things like out of all his ex girlfriends, he hates me the most. He'd tell them that I "wronged" him or make it seem like I was cheating on him (I didn't), and some mean stuff that I rather not share.

At the same time, if he sees any of his guy friends getting close to me, he would tell them that they better not mess with his "girl."

I know I shouldn't care.. but seriously, what do guys really mean when they say they hate their ex? Because during our relationship, that same ex had told me he hated his previous ex too, but it seems like he still had feelings for her.. And I know sometimes when girls say they hate their ex, it means they still love them. *shrugs*

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys are hurt by break ups too. But they aren't going to cry over it and analyze it like girls do. They tend to put on the tough guy front, acting like they aren't hurt by losing someone they cared about, no matter how much they deny it or try to forget like they ever did. It's easier for him to say he hates you than it is to admit that he cared about you and lost you. My guess is if he "hates" you the most, he cared about you the most. Maybe you were his most serious relationship? So you were the hardest break up. He will probably always love you in a way. But loving someone and wanting to be with them are two very different things. Just keep the good times that you guys had, know that you loved him and he loved you once, and move on. Sounds like you guys didn't have a very healthy relationship if it was constantly on and off. His pride is probably hurt also by the fact that you didn't go running back to him this time, since he was never the one to apologize or contact you. So good for you for not caving into his games and moving on. He's talking sh*t to get a rise out of you. It's better to not say anything mean about him back, and don't tell his friends you're hurt by what he's saying. As a matter of fact, make some new guy friends that don't have ties to him because he's obviously using that to hurt you. You're not his girl anymore and don't let him put you in that situation again. Because if he was never the one to apologize or contact you, then he obviously likes playing games and you chasing him. Let him chase you, and leave him in the dust because you deserve better.

What Guys Said 2

• Lol, you're going to laugh so hard when you read this but: It means he misses you and wants you back but doesn't want to tell you that. You understand what I mean?

• I think that the guy got so hurt to the point where the only think in his mind is anger for the person.. I don't know it's just what I been tru

What Girls Said 3

• I'm not totally sure what it means but it bothers me that my boyfriend says he hates his ex so much. He says stuff like, he never liked that damn B*tch, and it'd make him happy to know she was in a car accident and died, and if she ever had kids they would be the children of the devil because she was a blood sucking vampire whore... etc etc... yeah I don't get it. I don't hate any of the guys that I date, or any of my exes... I mean they don't work so they don't work and I let them go... but he doesn't be able to let her go. I think it's because she hurt him a lot and he gave himself a lot to her... physically that is (he talked 90% of the time about sexual things about her only)... and he wanted to marry her and stuff... and continue to have sex with her, but he said he accused her of cheating on him, never listening to him, as if he wasn't there, and never wanting to do anything with him, calling him ugly all the time... etc etc... and used him for sex and money and car rides (because she was poor and didnt' have a car). But yeah, I think it's because he was deeply deeply in love with her... and didn't want to lose her but she kicked him out of the house and dated other guys that hurt him so much... that's why he hates her. How pathetic... man! Men are lame some times...

• What ur ex really means when he says... I hate ur guts is I love u to death... Facts

• It means he is immature; he is so busy pointing fingers that he couldn't learn/improve himself from the stuff that went wrong last time