It's been on my mind for a long time. I don't feel happy with her anymore and staying with criples my sanity. I'm planning to do it face to face. I'm gonna be straight forward respect her emotions. Anything else you advice me?
Most Helpful Girl
First thing you have to look at before you say you want to break up with that person:
1. Don't break up with them just because you're unhappy. That person is not responsible for your own personal happiness.
2. Make sure that you have valid reasons that doesn't have to do with sex, or anything shallow and petty for you leaving.
3. Talk to her regarding your insecurities and issues you would like to clear up and change.
Reasons why you need to break up:
1. You tried communicating with her and there is no mutual effort.
2. There is no mutual respect.
3. Both of you feel used.
4. Both of you have no desire to change.
5. You made this relationship all about sex.
6. You have no desire for higher commitment, such as marriage.
7. There were lots of boundaries being crossed.
8. You both no longer get along, and everything is always an argument.
9. Both of you have conflicting views, values, morals, principals, and beliefs. You can't respect them nor acknowledge them, and everything about it leads to arguments anyway.
10. You personally feel that your emotions and feelings no longer matter to them anymore.
11. Both of you are highly immature and unhealthy.
12. You don't feel safe in the relationship.
13. One or both of you are abusive to each other. Specially verbally, emotionally, mentally, spiritually and psychologically. Not just physically.
And there is plenty more to somewhat add to this list. But seriously think this through. Sometimes if you need a break, take a break. But breakup with good intentions. You can't make the pain less for her. Breakups effect us as if somebody we know and loved died in front of us. It is trauma but psychologically, mentally and emotionally. If you two have been sexual, which shouldn't have happened, now that double and triple the stab wounds. Make sure that both of you can come to terms with this. But don't dump her just because you're tired of her. If you were so tired of her, you shouldn't have dated her in the first place. Please take this as both an advice, life lesson, and a friendly warning. Dating is not for this nonsense and to be going after one partner to another.
Again, don't use this as an excuse to relationship hop. If you have to break up, make this as something that will help you grow and mature as a young adult. Because stuff like that mess with other people's heads. Do this responsibly. For your and her sake.1