Ex calls me "dude"?

Hey guys! So me and my ex broke up a month ago after dating for 5 months (met families and friends). Today he texted after a month of silence (buf still liking my pics on social media) about something he wants back. I asked him when he needs it and he said in like a months time. Then i said "i ll take care of it" to which he answered with "cool thanks dude". This made me furious since I had told him many times in the relationship that I don't like the term "dude". So I said "no worries bro". Do you think he is doing it intentionally to annoy me? Why would a guy call his ex "dude"?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, it's hard to say given just what you shared there as it's completely possible that you're just being overly sensitive. However, the way you describe it definitely makes it sound like he's trying to fully establish that you're just a friend to him now and is thus using a word that makes it very clear that you're now equivalent to just another guy.

• ^ this. This answer all the way. :) Most often, whenever a guy addresses a girl using "dude" (or "man", or "buddy", or "pal") it means that he wants to distance himself away from seeing or treating her in a romantic way. In short, you are now "one of the guys" to him, lol.

• Sounds logical! It's weird though since he knows how much it annoys me. Our friendship during the relationship was good, but we had a lot of physical attraction going on. It maked me feel like less of a woman being called a "dude"... :@

Most Helpful Girl

• he knows it irks you so he wanted to get a reaction out of you. he did. do not let him get to you. or he will think you still hung up on him or are you?

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't worry about it too much either way. He is your ex after all. If he keeps doing it then you'll have your answer.

• Its very insensitive and spitting on the relationship you had. Burning a bridge for ex sex.
    he's probly fucking / after cockily someone else.

• You say bro then he want to be better than you and say dude

What Girls Said 1

• He's doing it intentionally. And i like your reply...😀😀