My boyfriend called me ugly in an argument, should I break up with him?

I have always struggled with acne and my skin is getting better but my boyfriend called me ugly pimple face in an argument. After that, he apologized and he said that he didn't mean it.
I know he said that in a fit of rage but it really hurt me. It hurt me more than those high school bullies I had to deal with.

I can't get over it and it makes me feel self conscious. He's trying to make up to me by buying me flowers, calling me beautiful etc etc but it all comes out as a lie to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• He knew how sensitive you were about the subject and still crossed that line. I say break up with him. Clearly he isn't mature enough for an adult relationship

What Guys Said 14

• I think that when a couple has an argument, you learn how much they respect each other. If they engage in name calling, screaming, throwing things, dredging up things from the past, "pushing your buttons" . . . those are all disrespectful behaviors. Do you see other signs of disrespect in his behavior?

• You're over reacting to the insult, it doesn't mean he thinks that. It just means he wanted to hurt you and knew how. Get over it, then break up with him, for being a dick who wants to hurt you. Choosing to believe the negative and disbelieve the positive is an ugly personality trait, tho. You sound like you are intentionally impossible to please and like to use guilt and sympathy to get attention and make him the bad guy. I can see why he wanted to hurt your feelings. Ignore my advice, but put your boyfriend on; that guy can do better and he needs to hear it.

• He apologized, don't break up with him just he make him feel worse than he already is. I love it how girls complain about boys not apologizing but when they actually do apologize... nvm...

• Things said under the influence of alcohol or in anger, are usually a person's true thoughts.

• Nah, don't break up with him, but you need to give yourself some space and time to heal. Comments like that really hurt.

• If he really thought that would you be dating to begin with... He just got too upset he didn't mean it he just felt it for the way you argue probly

• Yes, you are probably better off breaking off that relationship.

Calling you ugly is beneath contempt.

• Dump him

• I mean he was just mad. I wouldn't take it that hard

• Look people tend to say much stuff in a fight, but I'm sure he didn't mean it. It isn't the worst thing in the world. Dont worry

• break up WTF
    dont break up

• He was mad. He doesn't mean it

• I see a lot of people saying arguments involve people saying things that they don't mean but I disagree. Those comments came from somewhere so there is likely some truth to them.

Neither of you should be arguing anyway. People wlil tell you that arguments are normal, but they aren't. They are the product of the ego and tells me your relationship will not last.

• No way that's wrong if you're such an ugly pimple face why is he with you? It's like calling a fat girl a fat bitch. That's not right I'm serious about this regardless acne or not he shouldn't pick on your insecurities, It's best you leave him, Especially with the way you feel now. And don't stay because you can't find someone else, Leave with the hopes that you can get a man who won't pick at you emotionally.

What Girls Said 10

• My initial thoughts were outrage when reading it, and that I’d find it difficult to forgive such personal and hurtful insults but it’s followed up by reason... what was the fight about? Did you also throw in some low blows?

• I asked him why he's always texting girls and following random girls on social media

• @Toad-1 Called him a cheater and a liar

• Hmm at the end of it all I think I would find something like this pretty hard to get over to be honest... everyone says things in an argument and I think there definitely needs to be room for forgiveness there. However, not only has he gone after a huge insecurity it’s been after you’ve questioned his fidelity. The social media is one thing, but texting other women - unless they are friends that have been around before you - should be able to be talked about so long as you have been reasonable in your approach to it

• Sorry, I Laughed A Bit😂And It's Not Something Big Enough For You 2 Break Up With Him. Like You Said You Both We're Arguing And He Said It Out Of Anger So It's Reasonable. You Seem Like Soft Person Who Takes Everything 2 Heart But Trust Me, It's Nothing.

• It depends on if the rest of your relationship mainly makes you feel good or bad. If it's bad, break up with him. Sometimes people say stupid things in the heat of the moment because they want to hurt you, that doesn't mean he doesn't love you. That being said, he shouldn't have said it. If you no longer feel comfortable, at peace with him, he's not the right person for you because now he's just telling you what he thinks you want to hear

• Like you said, he was mad. He is obviously trying his best to make up for what he did. Some guys have so much pride in theirselfs that they would just move on like nothing ever happened. Keep him, he sounds like he is one of the rare type of people willing to do whatever to make the people they love happy.

• This is the best grammar I have seen all day! And I love the irony that us teens are using more coherent grammar than people in their 40's.

• What do you like to write? :)

• Yup! Its is my coping mechanism ( One of the two. The other is talking to my friends ), and it is something I love to do for fun as well! To me it is amazing how in some cases three words can change someone's vision/idea on the world.
      Writing is something were you can let your imagination run free and share your ideas to the world. I would recommend writing if you need to let your thoughts be free, you could write it in a diary or make a story with it. Writing let's you be you.

• The thing is with arguing we tend to say things we don't mean. I understand it's hard to let it go but it's moments like that we don't think we are angry and say whatever. He has shown he feels bad for saying it, I don't think he meant it, I would try to let it go 😊

• First, what was the argument about?

• That comment came from somewhere so he may have meant it in the moment. He’s saying sorry now but it could possibly happen again

• Arguments is common in relationship.. if we keep on no relationship exists in universe... So please ignore past start a new life with him

• He knew that is your weakness and he wanted to hurt you but he regretted it. It often happens in relationships...

• If he was mad he doesn't mean it, sometimee boys when mad say stupid things, try to make up with him

• I would say break up with him