He dumped me because he think I’m out of his league. how can I convince him that I don’t care?

I’m 22 and he is 27. He told me that I was too pretty and successful for him. He didn’t graduated from high school, and he work as a restaurant waiter, while I study to become a doctor, we dated for three months, and it was amazing because he is the most gentle and sweetest man I had ever seen, but he decided to dump me when he found out that a doctor of the hospital where I study, was hitting on me. It’s true that this doctor was very good looking, but he didn’t attract me, because I was in a relationship with my boyfriend, or as I say my ex boyfriend, because he decided to break up with me. I kept calling him, but he told me that he don’t want stop me, to grow. It’s true that I have to paye for us a lot of times when we go out together, and that’ bother
Him because he is older than me with five years. But he just want us to stay in touch so that he can refund me, my money. For me he is really admirable because I know that this is because of his past that couldn’t afford to go to college. He has to work very early in his life so that he can afford the bills for himself and his siblings, since his father leaved them, with his mother. He told me that I was out of his league, and I should go with the doctor that flirted with me. I kept telling him that I love him, deeply, and he know it’s true but he don’t want us to stay together. Now i am broken inside, because I think that maybe he never loved me if he leaved me just because of that. What can I do? Please I really need helpHe dumped me because he think I’m out of his league. how can I convince him that I don’t care?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately there is noth you can do than keep on working on it. The main problem i see is, that your success reminds him on his fails (it was actually not his mistake, he took life how it came) and he can't deal with it. There is nothing special you can do but just show him that you fight for the relationship with him and if u r lucky it works out. Dont be disapointed but life is hard and if you dont give up, the chance to bring all to an success is quite realistic.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That's hard when someone you love doesn't feel good enough for you. Maybe if you told him you don't care about a person with money, you just want someone with a great personality, which he has. Tell him what a great guy he is and how the breaking up is affecting you. I don't think at all that he doesn't love, he just thinks you deserve better than him. If he does agree to get back with you, don't do as much stuff with money. You can have a picnic and it would still be a good date as long as you are together. I really hope this works out between you!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Just simply ignore it. Don't say I'm ignoring you just do ignore it. Actions speak louder than words. If he is constantly repeating himself over and over again eventually it'll get boring especially if he is not that smart and even if he was smart he wouldn't be doing that in the first place. He will just simply say I'm not interested you're kind of out of my league I'm just leave it at that instead of repeating himself redundantly. He might just make excuses for himself because maybe he is a betta after all. The more you do not react and the more you just simply walk away and do what you are doing and find casual hobbies that you like to do like walking reading showing the park playing games painting studying partying or whatever suits your personality and your interest. The more he starts indulge and things like you are interested in and the more you actually sent goals for yourself and Achieve them the more you will actually not be seeing anymore from him. Also I wouldn't go around trying to find white nights either they're just as bad. Just simply knowledge that I wasn't thinking that I didn't care in the first place and that I honestly don't care what you think of me and just simply ignore it and if he keeps trying to interact when you don't want him to, simply just walk away. Because if he honestly did not care about you, he wouldn't act like a total loser or an angry assshole just because you wanted to be by yourself. And if he acts like a tsundere, just tell him that what he is doing is a little bit on the side of a weeaboo.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make an exspansive genstre of your love to him, like a candle lit dinner, or takeout, something personal to him that would reignite that spark in his heart.

0|0
    1|1
    • Why would you do something expensive if he is already feeling bad about money?

• Show All
    • Dont worry, its not a common, everyday word. I just read a lot so my vocabulary is enormous

• Ok, thanks I don't feel as stupid now!😊

• He is not as smart as you, but he is wiser than you.

He is doing the right thing. You may not care now, because you are just a student. But in 20 years, you will resent him severely.

Thank him for dumping you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Often times these things won't be a bother, if the other party has confirmed that it isn't an issue, so it's likely he's just not interested anymore. Or he's insecure about the doctor.

1|0
    0|0
  • You intimidate him with your beauty and success. He thinks you deserve better, so he maybe has a bad attitude on himself, or low self esteem

0|0
    0|0
  • He's probably always going to be insecure and feel as if he's holding you back. And it's, unfortunately, a very real possibility that you will start to grow resentful of your different financial situations, even beginning to believe he's not contributing as much as he should, despite how hard working he is at the moment. This is despite whatever you may say now about how deeply you love him and don't care about his level of education and opportunity for growth. I. e., people's points of view often change with a lot of life experience. Your ex likely wants to avoid these arguments.

Also, I'm sure your ex loves you still, but he's being pragmatic about what he feels he can contribute and about what he believes you need in a partner.

This is not to say that you should jump into the arms of the handsome doctor, but you should be prepared to move on without your ex; possibly without him in your life at all if it hurts too much.

0|0
    0|0
  • your a very rare kind of girl just as iam a very very rare kind of guy things will get better for you... light be with you

0|0
    0|1
  • You can move on. He doesn't want to be with you

1|0
    0|0
  • You dont need to try to convince him

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Why do I feel this is a male troll trying to stir something up? Where are you from Doctor?

0|0
    0|0
  • Why bother
    You can do better

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes