Could you forgive a Backstabber?

Lets say a person you trust insults you or talks badly behind your back, or cuts you off for no valid reason etc... Could you forgive that person if they came back?

Could you forgive a Backstabber?

Just curious how to handle backstabbers and traitorous "buddies".

Cya!

2615

Most Helpful Girls

• This is so surprising.. I was actually thinking about posting a question about backstabbers few minutes ago and then I came across your question.

I was a very forgiving person when I was younger but after experiencing back to back cheating and betrayals, I've learnt one thing and that is to NEVER give a chance to backstabbers. They're just like cheats. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Once a backstabber, always a backstabber. They'll stab you in the back the moment you turn around if you give forgive them and give them another chance.

So, I don't forgive those kind of people anymore. I've had some backstabber friends and relatives with whom I no longer talk to. I just cut off all the contact. There is a guy on gag whom I used to trust a lot as a friend and respect a lot, but he turned out to be a rat.
    Could you forgive a Backstabber?

Do I regret not forgiving him? No, because he backstabbed not just me but also my friends. So, I say Good Riddance!

• Thats surprising and cool, great minds think alike 😄

Thank you for sharing, that’s probably how I’d react aswell. But some friends I’m so close with that I’d probably forgive them even if the chances of them hurting me again are high.

I think I know the guy you’re talking about and I agree that a rat resembles him best 😂

• I think I dont know him then, I mean the guy that got demoted :D
      But that guy sounds awful aswell, definetly not the kind of guy I´d be friends with haha

Thank you so much, I hope you get spared from being backstabbed too :)

• Hehe. I knew you were thinking about him 😁

LMAO! Yeah, good call! 😂

You're most welcome and thank you. You're awesome :)

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, absolutely... Forgiveness is for my benefit, not
    there’s. To harbor disdain in one’s heart deteriorates
    you and eats you from within. I’m not giving anyone
    that much control over my mind.

But that doesn’t mean I have to deal with or trust
    that individual again.

• I wouldn't care about forgiving but I wouldn't forget that person (if he/she had nothing else to do other than backstabbing me lol). Even if I get to forgiving them, it would be like forgiving more than half of the people I know 😂 and yet, many I don't know in person.