Have feelings yet in limbo with ex-girlfriend who isn't committal/giving mixed signals

Ladies!

I'm (27 M) in relationship limbo with my ex (26 F)--we dated for a while last year but parted ways since she wasn't ready for a relationship and wasn't sure she could commit. We didn't talk for a few months but I reached out to her since I missed her and wanted to be in her life--I care about her deeply and wanted to try out being friends again. We are hanging out again but she made it clear she doesn't want a relationship yet whenever we hang out we end up going on "dates" and she acts like a girlfriend (wanting to cuddle/hold hands/etc).

I'm getting mixed signals since I know she doesn't want to date/be in a relationship but she's acting very affectionate with me--I'm starting to get feelings for her but I feel like I'm in limbo, maybe she's just keeping me along for security/comfort? I want your thoughts on how I can break the cycle and possibly rekindle a relationship with her in the future--I know it isn't healthy for us to be cuddling/romantically involved without being in a relationship.

20