My boyfriend removed his relationship status ?

We are together from 3 years .. and he had his status on Facebook put on "in a relationship with ..me" .. but then we went on a break a couple of months ago for like 2 months. . and we both removed our statuses because we thought that was it .. anyway after we got back together , neither of us changed it back, I didn't change it because he didn't .. because I don't mind! He asked me once to set it to "in a relationship" so guys would stop flirting with me and I did .. but then when I asked him, he said that it's better like this, because people tend to jinx and screw us up (Especially friends in college) and it's better if we just tell our close friends about the fact that we are back together and the rest don't need to know ..

should I be bothered ? I heard that people who put single on fb though they are in a relation, do it because they have several partners and they want anyone to find out .. or they wanna keep you until they find someone else.. is this my case ? should I be worried ?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Facebook is not real life. Stop worrying. Facebook is a carefully constructed facade of lies that we present to the public. What you say and do in real life is a million times more important.

Trust each other. Talk to each other. Forget Facebook.

• Yea I know .. but I don't know .. I have this thing that I don't trust anyone , not my family, not my boyfriend .. not anyone .. and I always feel that they are betraying me in some way that's why I always think of the worst when something happened. my boyfriend didn't actually betray me in our 3 years together, but he has been hiding stuff from me once or twice.."unintentionally" like he claims .. but I don't know .. I love him and I wanna work on this and trust him fully.. and stop freaking like this , but I don't know I'm afraid

• That is your problem. And you should seek help for it. Noone can help you with that but yourself - but it helps to be upfront about it and confront your fears with someone who can tell you directly that you're being an idiot.