Girlfriend talking to another guy a lot, is this normal?

Background:My girlfriend of 2.5 years cheated on me and talked to the other guy for several months after I told her not to before finally stopping. I had to pry to find out, but I told her every time I looked and confronted her about talking to him. The reason she stopped was because I started walking out on her, I had become fed up with her behavior. That was the second time I forgave her and gave her another chance.

Current Issue: days later, I noticed her talking to another one of her guy friends, more than normal. I decided to pry again because I have trust issues. She had a few calls/ Facetime chats, and occasionally sends him a video or picture of herself (nothing sexy or naked as far as I know, just a face). I am bothered by that because that's how she cheated on me in the first place with the first guy (only dirty pics). I don't know much because she deletes all of her messages so I only have a few hours to see.

I am getting tired of feeling on edge and paranoid. I don't have a problem with her talking to guys as friends, but when I start to feel like she texts him as much or more than me, it bothers me. The guy she only knows over the internet through a game they play together, but that is the same with the guy she cheated on me with, which is why I am annoyed by it as much as I am.

I have mentioned my uncomfortableness about it with her, but I also did that when she kept talking to the guy she cheated on me with, but she continued to talk to him 2 months after I told her to stop.

Ladies: is this something normal and innocent, or should I be alarmed by the red flags my gut is signaling to me? How can I attempt to resolve this?

Guys: Have any of you been in a similar situation? How did it pan out and what did you do?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• honestly I would leave the relationship because being cheated on is not right but everyone is different. lets just say if my girlfriend never cheated on me and talks to another guy, I won't mind as long as she doesn't cheat on me

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• She is Obviously Not ready nor ready as of Now and even back Then here, dear, to be in a Real Relationship. She is going to continue down a bad beaten boy path of trying to beat around the Cheat bush and it will become, for where I am sitting it is taking place in front of your own face, a Full circle Problem pattern.
    You both need to sit down and have a serious chat. Although it may not work help, it won't hurt to take a "Break" First and see if '2.5 years' of being two birds of a feather, might just make this Sweet chick Tweet a bit in her Own nest for Awhile... Try This First.
    I don't think it will do much but perhaps Love will find its way somehow someday.
    Good luck. xx

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• no to be honest I haven't been in your type of situation.. I have had a girlfriend cheat on me but she ended it with me only for me to see her with another guy 2 days latter after our breakup.

yeah I was like the brother se never had and wanted to be friends

. we had been boyfriend/girlfriend for 6 months and dating regularly.. told her no way I totally eliminated her out of my life...

this would be my suggestion to you as well ... I haven't read any of the other posers comments but I'll assume they've said very simiarly to dump her to the curb . she's not worth the effort your putting into the relationship... if she 's not putting in as much as your putting into the relationship its hanging by a thin thread anyways only for you to find out latter about more cheating...

question I see no mention of sexual cheating in your post so is this emotional cheating on line stuff...

its alright if just harmless flirting to a degree ..but you found out about the dirty sexy pics...

in general one might get over an online flirtatious emotional cheating if no physical contact is made and the girl (or guy) stops totally. however at times some go as far as the guy coming into town where she lives and they hook up ...or she takes an unexpected trip to a supposed family memebers home out of state.

you made a reasonable request for her to stop talking/chatting/emails with this guy yet 2 months latter she's still doing it (behind your back most likely)

yes you should be alarmed this kind of stuff happens more and more don't believe me google cheating girlfriends/wives you'll see a lot of similar stories much like yours ...however the girls (guys as well ) oh their just friends ,your silly for thinking that yet weeks or months latter the deceived person (like you find out) it wasn't just friends.

believe me your not going to resolve this (once a cheater always a cheater 98% is true) yeah there are exceptions to the rule but so minor that you wouldn't want to bet on the outcome.

you should do more than just get fed up walk out permanently she played you with the stopping because you started walking out only to get you back and low and behold only to do it again...

you sound like a decent guy but just got hung up with an user and abusive girlfriend. this type girl is poison to any relationship or to have a relationship with...,

my opinion dump her and move on

0|0
    0|0
  • THERE'S SUCH A THING CALLED WOMENS INTUTION WELL WHEN A MAN HAS A GUY FEELING BELIEVE IT ...

WHEN YOUR IN A RELATIONSHIP ONE SHOULD FOCUS ON THEIR BF/GF MORE THAN THEY DO BFF ... NOT THAT THE PERSON SHOULD CUT OFF ALL RELATIONSHIPS WITH THEIR FRIENDS BUT WILLING TO CURTAIL THEM FOR THE SAKE OF THEIR S.O.

IF SHE FAILS TO SEE HOW HER ACTIONS ARE AFFECTING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HER THEN MOST LIKELY SHE HAS SOME PROBLEMS..

IF YOUR GIRLFRIEND HAS CHEATED FROM WHAT YOU'VE TOLD US AT LEAST 2 TIMES YOUR AWARE OF AND YOU'VE FORGIVEN HER 2 TIMES YOU JUST GIVEN HER REASON TO CONTINUE DOING IT... NO BOUNDRIES HAVE BEEN SET OR GIVEN BY YOU AS MEANS OF SAYING THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN OR YOU'LL BE MINUS ME WITH NO RETURN POSSIBLE AT A LATTER DATE... RESEASONING BY HER IS "WELL HE'S FORGIVEN MY TWICE HE'LL CONTINUE TO DO SO BECAUSE HE'S THAT DUMB AND INTO ME. IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT IN A Girlfriend THEN GO FOR IT BUT LET ME SAY YOUR GOING TO BE A GLUTTEN FOR PUNISHMENT BY HER LIES AND DECEIT BY HER ACTIONS NOW... I'LL ASSUME THAT OTHERS MAY HAVE ALREADY SAID GET RID OF HER WHICH IS MY SENTIMENTS AS WELL ...

0|0
    0|0
  • my girlfriend facetime, text and voicemail a guyfriend of her more than she did w/me. they facetime like for 4:30hours and they go to the same university. sow i told her, i'm not goin to wait on till you cheat on me on the future w. that guy and she told me she wasn't goin to talk to him anymore (BS) they keep talking but she deleted the calls and text & she thought that i wasn't goin to find out. i left her

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you crazy man? Leave this girl already. You should never have to feel paranoid in a relationship. She did it twice? Don't matter if its a face video or what you got cheated on before!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes