I have become antisocial since the breakup

My ex and I had a really good relationship for almost a year. We had very strong feelings for each other. But he's 24 (i'm 27), and he felt like he wasn't ready to commit to anyone in his life right now. He has to finish grad school, start business school and find a job (and move around a lot), before he can commit to someone. He said he got scared of our relationship, never saw it ending, and can't handle a relationship that serious right now.

I was very sad and angry for the first 6 months. I had to see him everyday at work which didn't help. He still wants to be friends. But I am angry he threw away our strong feelings. Now all have for each other, are mild crushes, if anything. I still like him, but I don't think he likes me like that anymore. Does it mean we were not meant to be if my feelings have got less intense over the time?

It has been almost 9 months since the breakup. I have forgiven him. Don't feel as angry. Also, I work mostly at the library, so I don't have to see him everyday. However, I find that I am not interested in anyone anymore. I am happy being by myself, all alone. I don't enjoy going out with lots of random people...only with a few close girlfriends very rarely. And I can't imagine being interested in another boy!

Anyone else felt like you need some alone time after a breakup? Does it go away? I am afraid I will stay antisocial forever, and never meet a new guy.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• breaking up is just a process. Everyone can react differently and based on how you described the relationship it does sound like it would be a particularly difficult breakup to go through.

I think the anti-social feelings will go away but it may just take time. You should force yourself at times to reach out to and hang out with friends. It may seem like an arduous task but it would be good for you. Essentially a bad breakup can result in feeling depressed (trust me I've been there), you kind of have to make an effort to find against being anti-social. I mean alone time and reflection are definitely good especially after a relatinship but you want to make sure that you at least make some effort to social...it will ultimately help you process all the emotions that you are dealing with and friends can be a great source of comfort

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE