My boyfriends ex contacted him after like 5 years... should I be worried?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half. We live together and everything. Out of the blue this chick (who has a boyfriend and also has a house with this guy) contacts my boyfriend. He did tell me about it and she also wanted to meet up for drinks with him. Should I be worried? It started out where the phone rang and he seemed puzzled letting me know it was an ex. He also mentioned that he got a text from her earlier. A few minutes later, the two texted each other back and forth. Not a whole lot, because by the 3rd time I got really peed off and went to get ready for bed. He only dated her for 10 months, did exchange the I love you, and broke up due to the relationship feeling like a friendship. I think its weird that out of no where she's reaching out to him now. Like I am sure they have exchanged words in the past cause they are friends on Facebook. Should I be worried. I mean he did tell me about and he told me he isn't going to see her. Could she just be really being nice by saying hi?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't worry about them getting back together; if that was going to happen, they would have done that before he ever met you. However, I don't think it's good for him to be going out for drinks with her alone. I don't expect them to do anything, but it sends the wrong message to you. The best thing is for him to leave the past in the past, where it belongs.

• Wellll... she was living out on the west coast and recently moved back to the east coast to their home town within the past year. They broke up because it felt like a friendship (this is what I was told when we first started dating). She was obviously living out on the west coast for a couple years so they never had the chance to get back together. He said he wasn't going to get a drink since he agreed its not appropriate. I agree he needs to leave her in the past, but will he?

• If he's smart, he will. You have already made it abundantly clear that you're not cool with him communicating with his ex; now the ball is in his court. I had a girlfriend a number of years ago who kept communicating with her ex in a different city. She told me about it and I was okay with it, but she eventually stopped because she thought it sent the wrong message to me.

• Talking at 230 in the morning is pretty clear. He may see no harm in it though. I feel like if it's not happening to him, its okay. Like the tables were turned and he is in my position, I think he would be peed off. It just sucks because all I can do it sit here and think, he prob already texted her... are they texting each other right now? What are they saying? Did he change his mind about meeting up? Yet I haven't recieved a single email, text, call, nothing. This sucks. Its funny how when yo