Why does my ex girlfriend have a hard time making eye contact?

So we was together for 11 months but she left me because we had our problems and couldn't stop arguing so she leaves me and goes right into a rebound relationship. To make a long story short after one months she comes crawling back and she says her life is a mess and she has made a big mistake and wants to try and work things out. We have met 2 times so far and talked about things and I have noticed sometimes she has a hard time keeping eye contact with me. I know she's ashamed of her self and maybe that's why. what do you all think?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• this sounds just like me and my ex. Except I never dated after him, I isolated myself and was depressed. Basically I can't make eye contact or open up to him because I have no idea what he thinks about me... maybe he thinks I cheated on him and that's why I broke up with him... I don't know if he still likes me, he flirts but maybe he just wants sex now and lost all respect for me. He is distant too... if he opened up it would be much easier for me to open up... right now our trust is pretty much gone... I don't know what to do because I still really love him and care about him. It seems like every time I try to communicate or open up he just puts up a wall, each time he acts cold, my self esteem just gets ruined.. When the topic of sex comes up, then his energy goes up, so maybe he just wants to use me now. For now I am ignoring him, its too much stress on my heart.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I hear you. just hang in there and don't be his fool. communication is great and me and my girlfriend lack in that a bit but we are working on it because without communication nothing will ever work