How many women wear some kind of fake hair?

Some allude to a lot of girls doing it, but no girl that I'm really close to has any of it. I didn't see any ex girlfriends have it. No close family members have it. At most, I know a couple of them have dyed their hair once in a blue moon and even then, it wasn't drastically different than their normal color. So are they the exceptions? Do most girls have extensions and wigs or whatever?
So what does "a lot" mean? Like, what percentage of women do you personally think have it? And how many people do you know that have it versus not having it?

Thanks for all of the responses by the way.

221

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok, let me tell you guys a thing. Many people consider their hair as an extension of their personality. This means that depending on how they feel, religious or cultural custom, where they're going, etc. Their hair will change.

I know girls who change their hair color constantly. It does not matter what race they are. I have black, white, and Asian friends that dye their hair black, brown, blond, pink, blue, purple, and green. They cut their hair because they feel like it and grow it back. Actually, my hairstylist does this all the time! I know quite a few people who wear fake hair. Some wear wigs, some wear extensions, basically, however they can integrate it into their hair, they do. (If you lost your hair due to something like cancer, you may choose a wig)

Most white or Asian girls I know.. if they wear fake hair they use pieces, half wigs, and extensions or clip ins to make their hair fuller or longer.. or add color without dying their own hair. (there's also fusion bonding.)

Most black girls I know.. if they wear fake hair they'll use pieces, wigs, extensions (including braids) to get a specific look or make their hair longer. It's also a protective style choice to keep their real hair safe and it saves time.

I don't think I know too many Indian girls that wear fake hair..

A lot of people that wear fake hair will tell you it's real and they will try to make it look as real as possible.. but if you know fake hair and how it works, you can tell.

Anyway, it's supposed to be an easy and fun way to change your look.

You probably didn't want a whole essay, but... hey.